MAGNA — A brief standoff Monday night ended with a man in custody and another man taken down by Taser.
The man who police took into custody had barricaded himself in a camper trailer about 9:30 p.m. after an officer responded to what appeared to be a domestic dispute.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the officer was traveling south on 8400 West near 3100 South and spotted a man and a woman having an argument. The couple took off on foot when the officer stopped to talk to them, cutting through several neighboring yards before ducking into a camper parked in the driveway of a home.
Police responded to the home at 3176 S. 8400 West. Another man was also inside the trailer, but officers were unsure why.
When police arrived, a man and a woman exited the trailer and were temporarily detained, but the man involved in the domestic dispute refused to come out, Hoyal said. The man remained in the trailer for about 30 minutes.
As police surrounded the trailer, the owner came out of his house and began yelling at police. Officers subdued him with a Taser and took him into custody, Hoyal said. The man faces possible charges for interfering with a police investigation.
The man in the trailer gave himself up when K-9 units arrived on scene, Hoyal said. He was arrested on outstanding warrants.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 44
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 32
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29