MAGNA — A brief standoff Monday night ended with a man in custody and another man taken down by Taser.
The man who police took into custody had barricaded himself in a camper trailer about 9:30 p.m. after an officer responded to what appeared to be a domestic dispute.
Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal said the officer was traveling south on 8400 West near 3100 South and spotted a man and a woman having an argument. The couple took off on foot when the officer stopped to talk to them, cutting through several neighboring yards before ducking into a camper parked in the driveway of a home.
Police responded to the home at 3176 S. 8400 West. Another man was also inside the trailer, but officers were unsure why.
When police arrived, a man and a woman exited the trailer and were temporarily detained, but the man involved in the domestic dispute refused to come out, Hoyal said. The man remained in the trailer for about 30 minutes.
As police surrounded the trailer, the owner came out of his house and began yelling at police. Officers subdued him with a Taser and took him into custody, Hoyal said. The man faces possible charges for interfering with a police investigation.
The man in the trailer gave himself up when K-9 units arrived on scene, Hoyal said. He was arrested on outstanding warrants.
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Driver in DUI crash that maimed 11-year-old...
- House panel to discuss bill on ending tax on...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- House panel to discuss bill on ending... 9