Orem man charged with raping woman he met on LDS dating site
PROVO — Criminal charges have been filed against an Orem man who police say raped a woman he met on an online dating site aimed at LDS Church members.
Claudiu Marius Bora, 33, was charged in 4th District Court with rape and object rape, both first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Investigators say Bora went on a date July 6 with a woman he met on ldssingles.com. The two arranged to meet at the Provo LDS Temple before going on a hike in Rock Canyon, the charges state.
When they returned from their hike, the woman was putting her purse in the back of her SUV, when Bora forced her into the back seat and raped her, according to the charges. The woman told police she tried to fight off Bora and constantly told him, "No!"
"The defendant kept saying, 'Didn't you know that 'no' means 'yes,'" the charges state.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- 7 habits of mentally strong people
- Audit: Ex-employee embezzled $67K from Utah...
- Alpine Days set for Aug. 5-13
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 31
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 15
- Can police-community relations be... 14