Orem man charged with raping woman he met on LDS dating site
PROVO — Criminal charges have been filed against an Orem man who police say raped a woman he met on an online dating site aimed at LDS Church members.
Claudiu Marius Bora, 33, was charged in 4th District Court with rape and object rape, both first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Investigators say Bora went on a date July 6 with a woman he met on ldssingles.com. The two arranged to meet at the Provo LDS Temple before going on a hike in Rock Canyon, the charges state.
When they returned from their hike, the woman was putting her purse in the back of her SUV, when Bora forced her into the back seat and raped her, according to the charges. The woman told police she tried to fight off Bora and constantly told him, "No!"
"The defendant kept saying, 'Didn't you know that 'no' means 'yes,'" the charges state.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 42
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 38
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29