Orem man charged with raping woman he met on LDS dating site
PROVO — Criminal charges have been filed against an Orem man who police say raped a woman he met on an online dating site aimed at LDS Church members.
Claudiu Marius Bora, 33, was charged in 4th District Court with rape and object rape, both first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Investigators say Bora went on a date July 6 with a woman he met on ldssingles.com. The two arranged to meet at the Provo LDS Temple before going on a hike in Rock Canyon, the charges state.
When they returned from their hike, the woman was putting her purse in the back of her SUV, when Bora forced her into the back seat and raped her, according to the charges. The woman told police she tried to fight off Bora and constantly told him, "No!"
"The defendant kept saying, 'Didn't you know that 'no' means 'yes,'" the charges state.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1.
- Argument, break-up threats preceded double...
- Sandy man beat woman, tried to put her in an...
- 10 Utahns charged in alleged identity theft...
- 15 moments many Utahns will never forget
- Top 10 best road trip spots (and photo...
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy...
- Lane splits on I-15 near Point of the Mountain
- Ex-Attorney General Mark Shurtleff pleads not...
- Utahns have mixed reactions to Supreme... 57
- Experts: Decision raises religious... 52
- Episcopal bishops seek end to 'unholy... 40
- Utah's same-sex marriage supporters... 30
- Father, son used LDS Church membership... 27
- Support for law requiring sales tax for... 24
- Educators, parents see four-year high... 13
- Hatch plays key role in Senate passing... 12