Orem man charged with raping woman he met on LDS dating site
PROVO — Criminal charges have been filed against an Orem man who police say raped a woman he met on an online dating site aimed at LDS Church members.
Claudiu Marius Bora, 33, was charged in 4th District Court with rape and object rape, both first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Investigators say Bora went on a date July 6 with a woman he met on ldssingles.com. The two arranged to meet at the Provo LDS Temple before going on a hike in Rock Canyon, the charges state.
When they returned from their hike, the woman was putting her purse in the back of her SUV, when Bora forced her into the back seat and raped her, according to the charges. The woman told police she tried to fight off Bora and constantly told him, "No!"
"The defendant kept saying, 'Didn't you know that 'no' means 'yes,'" the charges state.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Photos: Fun for all at the 10th annual Family...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13