Orem man charged with raping woman he met on LDS dating site
PROVO — Criminal charges have been filed against an Orem man who police say raped a woman he met on an online dating site aimed at LDS Church members.
Claudiu Marius Bora, 33, was charged in 4th District Court with rape and object rape, both first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Investigators say Bora went on a date July 6 with a woman he met on ldssingles.com. The two arranged to meet at the Provo LDS Temple before going on a hike in Rock Canyon, the charges state.
When they returned from their hike, the woman was putting her purse in the back of her SUV, when Bora forced her into the back seat and raped her, according to the charges. The woman told police she tried to fight off Bora and constantly told him, "No!"
"The defendant kept saying, 'Didn't you know that 'no' means 'yes,'" the charges state.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1.
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Sculptor hopes new statue brings comfort to...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Teen dies in suspected overdose in Farmington
- First prison relocation open house... 39
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 17
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 15
- Police: Toddler accidentally shot in... 14
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 10