Orem man charged with raping woman he met on LDS dating site
PROVO — Criminal charges have been filed against an Orem man who police say raped a woman he met on an online dating site aimed at LDS Church members.
Claudiu Marius Bora, 33, was charged in 4th District Court with rape and object rape, both first-degree felonies, and forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony.
Investigators say Bora went on a date July 6 with a woman he met on ldssingles.com. The two arranged to meet at the Provo LDS Temple before going on a hike in Rock Canyon, the charges state.
When they returned from their hike, the woman was putting her purse in the back of her SUV, when Bora forced her into the back seat and raped her, according to the charges. The woman told police she tried to fight off Bora and constantly told him, "No!"
"The defendant kept saying, 'Didn't you know that 'no' means 'yes,'" the charges state.
An initial court appearance is scheduled for Nov. 1.
- Millcreek man faces child abuse homicide...
- 7 crazy-awesome natural arches and bridges in...
- Smithfield man charged with murdering his father
- West Valley police investigating Sunday...
- Police investigating gunshots in Liberty Park
- Greek Orthodox parish in Cottonwood Heights...
- Some relatives of man killed by police settle...
- Oldest Utahn Beatrice Payne celebrates 107th...
- With Trump on top, Romney will not... 91
- Utah GOP all in for Cruz, but Trump... 59
- Romney 'dismayed' by presidential... 52
- Dog accused of biting child ordered to... 49
- Utah GOP leaders ready to support... 47
- Award recipient's affiliation draws ire... 36
- Climate change and national forests:... 36
- Robert F. Bennett, former three-term... 28