Salt Lake County voters to decide fate of $47 million for regional parks, trails
If approved, $47M to be set aside for parks, trails
Jordan River Parkway Trail — $11.5 million
Substantial completion of 45-mile paved, nonmotorized pathway between Davis and Utah counties.
Parleys Trail — $9 million
Substantial completion of 8-mile paved, nonmotorized regional connection between Jordan River Parkway Trail and the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.
Magna Regional Park — $5.5 million
Bond will allow Salt Lake County to purchase 60 acres for master-planned regional park. Park amenities will be developed later with a separate appropriation.
Wheadon Farm Park — $6 million
Planned for 64 acres at 440 E. 13800 South, Draper. Master plan calls for "historical agricultural theme park" that would include urban farming, pavilions, restrooms, children's playground, open field activity areas, multipurpose sports fields, natural areas, hard and soft trails.
Lodestone Regional Park — $5 million
Planned for 62 acres at 6170 W. Lodestone Avenue (5990 South) in Kearns and West Valley City. The bond would fund further development of the park, including multipurpose sports fields, informal ball diamonds, pavilions, restrooms, tennis court, basketball courts, regional size playground, splash pad, walking/exercise paths and parking.
Southwest Regional Park — $10 million
Planned for 80 acres at 14000 South and 2700 West, Bluffdale. Amenities would include regional size playground, open lawn areas, water splash pad, multipurpose sports fields, walking/exercise paths, pavilions, restroom, tennis courts, basketball court and parking.
For more information about the proposal and a list of upcoming community meetings on the proposed bond, visit www.slco.org/parkbond.
To learn more about the Utah Taxpayers Association opposition to the bond, visit www.utahtaxpayers.org.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Police say man murdered his mother in her...
- UTA offers fare for food in Utah Food Bank drive
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 30
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 23
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 11
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7