Salt Lake County voters to decide fate of $47 million for regional parks, trails
If approved, $47M to be set aside for parks, trails
Jordan River Parkway Trail — $11.5 million
Substantial completion of 45-mile paved, nonmotorized pathway between Davis and Utah counties.
Parleys Trail — $9 million
Substantial completion of 8-mile paved, nonmotorized regional connection between Jordan River Parkway Trail and the Bonneville Shoreline Trail.
Magna Regional Park — $5.5 million
Bond will allow Salt Lake County to purchase 60 acres for master-planned regional park. Park amenities will be developed later with a separate appropriation.
Wheadon Farm Park — $6 million
Planned for 64 acres at 440 E. 13800 South, Draper. Master plan calls for "historical agricultural theme park" that would include urban farming, pavilions, restrooms, children's playground, open field activity areas, multipurpose sports fields, natural areas, hard and soft trails.
Lodestone Regional Park — $5 million
Planned for 62 acres at 6170 W. Lodestone Avenue (5990 South) in Kearns and West Valley City. The bond would fund further development of the park, including multipurpose sports fields, informal ball diamonds, pavilions, restrooms, tennis court, basketball courts, regional size playground, splash pad, walking/exercise paths and parking.
Southwest Regional Park — $10 million
Planned for 80 acres at 14000 South and 2700 West, Bluffdale. Amenities would include regional size playground, open lawn areas, water splash pad, multipurpose sports fields, walking/exercise paths, pavilions, restroom, tennis courts, basketball court and parking.
For more information about the proposal and a list of upcoming community meetings on the proposed bond, visit www.slco.org/parkbond.
To learn more about the Utah Taxpayers Association opposition to the bond, visit www.utahtaxpayers.org.
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Fire rips through Draper garage during...
- Osmond to run 250 miles to help kids get...
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Mystery man who rescued driver from cliff in...
- Three Salt Lake City golf courses slated for...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Poll: Strong approval ratings for Gov.... 27
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 26
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15