Jon Huntsman Sr. endorses Rep. Jim Matheson in 4th District
Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's only Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, announced the endorsement of GOP businessman and philanthropist Jon Huntsman Sr. in his bid for the new 4th District seat.
Huntsman Sr. said in a statement that Matheson "is a conservative 'Blue Dog' congressional leader from Utah who represents our state very well" and someone who puts the state's interests first.
The founder and chairman and Huntsman Corp. also cited the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's support of Matheson. Huntsman Sr. previously served as the conservative business organization's vice chairman.
Matheson, who is in a tight race with Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love, a Republican, said his family and the Huntsmans "have long shared the values of giving back to the community and working in a bipartisan way to solve problems and achieve progress."
Former GOP presidential candidate and Utah governor Jon Huntsman Jr. "isn't endorsing anyone this cycle," his daughter, Abby Livingston, said.
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8