Jon Huntsman Sr. endorses Rep. Jim Matheson in 4th District
Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's only Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, announced the endorsement of GOP businessman and philanthropist Jon Huntsman Sr. in his bid for the new 4th District seat.
Huntsman Sr. said in a statement that Matheson "is a conservative 'Blue Dog' congressional leader from Utah who represents our state very well" and someone who puts the state's interests first.
The founder and chairman and Huntsman Corp. also cited the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's support of Matheson. Huntsman Sr. previously served as the conservative business organization's vice chairman.
Matheson, who is in a tight race with Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love, a Republican, said his family and the Huntsmans "have long shared the values of giving back to the community and working in a bipartisan way to solve problems and achieve progress."
Former GOP presidential candidate and Utah governor Jon Huntsman Jr. "isn't endorsing anyone this cycle," his daughter, Abby Livingston, said.
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 47
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 11
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8