Jon Huntsman Sr. endorses Rep. Jim Matheson in 4th District
Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's only Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, announced the endorsement of GOP businessman and philanthropist Jon Huntsman Sr. in his bid for the new 4th District seat.
Huntsman Sr. said in a statement that Matheson "is a conservative 'Blue Dog' congressional leader from Utah who represents our state very well" and someone who puts the state's interests first.
The founder and chairman and Huntsman Corp. also cited the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's support of Matheson. Huntsman Sr. previously served as the conservative business organization's vice chairman.
Matheson, who is in a tight race with Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love, a Republican, said his family and the Huntsmans "have long shared the values of giving back to the community and working in a bipartisan way to solve problems and achieve progress."
Former GOP presidential candidate and Utah governor Jon Huntsman Jr. "isn't endorsing anyone this cycle," his daughter, Abby Livingston, said.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12