Ravell Call, Deseret News archives
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah's only Democrat in Congress, Rep. Jim Matheson, announced the endorsement of GOP businessman and philanthropist Jon Huntsman Sr. in his bid for the new 4th District seat.
Huntsman Sr. said in a statement that Matheson "is a conservative 'Blue Dog' congressional leader from Utah who represents our state very well" and someone who puts the state's interests first.
The founder and chairman and Huntsman Corp. also cited the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's support of Matheson. Huntsman Sr. previously served as the conservative business organization's vice chairman.
Matheson, who is in a tight race with Saratoga Springs Mayor Mia Love, a Republican, said his family and the Huntsmans "have long shared the values of giving back to the community and working in a bipartisan way to solve problems and achieve progress."
Former GOP presidential candidate and Utah governor Jon Huntsman Jr. "isn't endorsing anyone this cycle," his daughter, Abby Livingston, said.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of...
- World War II munitions with mustard agent...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 22
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 19
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14