WEST VALLEY CITY — A 20-year-old woman was killed Sunday morning in an accident on Bangerter Highway.
Yesica Moreno of West Jordan was driving northbound near 2350 South shortly before 6 a.m. when her small pickup truck crossed into southbound traffic and struck the side of a semi tractor-trailer, West Valley City Lt. Bill Merritt said.
Moreno was airlifted to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead, Merritt said. The driver of the tractor-trailer was shaken but not injured, he said.
The accident occurred near a curve in the highway, Merritt said, but it was not clear why the pickup truck crossed into oncoming traffic. "We still don't know for sure what happened," he said.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15