WEST VALLEY CITY — A 20-year-old woman was killed Sunday morning in an accident on Bangerter Highway.
Yesica Moreno of West Jordan was driving northbound near 2350 South shortly before 6 a.m. when her small pickup truck crossed into southbound traffic and struck the side of a semi tractor-trailer, West Valley City Lt. Bill Merritt said.
Moreno was airlifted to a nearby hospital where she was pronounced dead, Merritt said. The driver of the tractor-trailer was shaken but not injured, he said.
The accident occurred near a curve in the highway, Merritt said, but it was not clear why the pickup truck crossed into oncoming traffic. "We still don't know for sure what happened," he said.
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Work on Canyon Road in Spanish Fork underway
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 41
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 33
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21