Officials warn seniors they are high risk for fraudulent investment opportunities
9) Bad advice or from investment advisers — The 2010 Dodd-Frank Act transferred mid-sized investment advisers to primary supervision by Utah state regulators, rather than the SEC. Utah’s Division of Securities has already begun working with these mid-sized investment advisers, assisting them in complying with state registration requirements and applying already robust examination programs.
10) Foreign funds for visas scheme — Commonly known as an EB-5 Investment-for-Visa Scheme, investors are often told this is a “safe” investment due to an influx of foreign cash. Investors considering any enterprise with an EB-5 should make sure to obtain full information on every component of the venture, including all funding sources and the background of all promoters.
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- Why small businesses want a higher minimum wage
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 45
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 15
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 13
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Why small businesses want a higher... 7
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats... 6