Officials warn seniors they are high risk for fraudulent investment opportunities
9) Bad advice or from investment advisers — The 2010 Dodd-Frank Act transferred mid-sized investment advisers to primary supervision by Utah state regulators, rather than the SEC. Utah’s Division of Securities has already begun working with these mid-sized investment advisers, assisting them in complying with state registration requirements and applying already robust examination programs.
10) Foreign funds for visas scheme — Commonly known as an EB-5 Investment-for-Visa Scheme, investors are often told this is a “safe” investment due to an influx of foreign cash. Investors considering any enterprise with an EB-5 should make sure to obtain full information on every component of the venture, including all funding sources and the background of all promoters.
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- 3,000 Workforce Services clients may be...
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Start thinking about retirement while in your...
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5