LOGAN — A 17-year-old boy was injured Thursday during a hunting accident in Logan Canyon.
The boy had been hunting for deer with muzzle loaders in the Boulder Mountain area of Logan Canyon with his father and uncle, according to the Cache County Sheriff's Office.
While driving in the canyon, the group spotted several deer. The 17-year-old and his uncle jumped out of the truck and put primers on their guns, police said.
As the deer ran off down a ravine, the teen walked about 10 feet ahead of his uncle. The uncle had cocked his gun but decided not to shoot, police said. The gun then accidentally fired, and the bullet hit the ground in front of the teen, police said.
Bullet fragments and rocks hit the 17-year-old's right foot, calf, thigh and hand, police said. The teen was taken to Logan Regional Hospital. His injuries were not life-threatening.
The Cache County Sheriff's Office has deemed the shooting accidental. No criminal charges will be pursued.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support to...
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 95
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 87
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 38
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 30
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 19