SALT LAKE CITY — Workplace fatalities decreased in the state and nationwide last year.
Utah recorded a preliminary count of 39 work-related fatalities in 2011, compared with 41 incidents in 2010, reflecting a 5 percent decline.
Nationally, the count of 4,609 fatal injuries was down slightly from 4,690 in 2010.
Transportation incidents remained the most frequent type of fatal work-related events and accounted for 24, or 62 percent, of the 39 fatal occupational injuries to Utah workers during 2011.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 13