SALT LAKE CITY — Workplace fatalities decreased in the state and nationwide last year.
Utah recorded a preliminary count of 39 work-related fatalities in 2011, compared with 41 incidents in 2010, reflecting a 5 percent decline.
Nationally, the count of 4,609 fatal injuries was down slightly from 4,690 in 2010.
Transportation incidents remained the most frequent type of fatal work-related events and accounted for 24, or 62 percent, of the 39 fatal occupational injuries to Utah workers during 2011.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- U. student government passes resolution... 95
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20