SALT LAKE CITY — Workplace fatalities decreased in the state and nationwide last year.
Utah recorded a preliminary count of 39 work-related fatalities in 2011, compared with 41 incidents in 2010, reflecting a 5 percent decline.
Nationally, the count of 4,609 fatal injuries was down slightly from 4,690 in 2010.
Transportation incidents remained the most frequent type of fatal work-related events and accounted for 24, or 62 percent, of the 39 fatal occupational injuries to Utah workers during 2011.
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Dispatchers answer man's repeated 911 calls...
- Sugar House man intends to sue police, city...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Grading Utah schools, 2014: Top 20 highest...
- Woman killed in Sandy shooting
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Regulators, groups eye EPA rule on coal ash
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 51
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- End gun violence, say faith leaders on... 33
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 33
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16
- Utahns favor Count My Vote and SB54,... 15