SALT LAKE CITY — Workplace fatalities decreased in the state and nationwide last year.
Utah recorded a preliminary count of 39 work-related fatalities in 2011, compared with 41 incidents in 2010, reflecting a 5 percent decline.
Nationally, the count of 4,609 fatal injuries was down slightly from 4,690 in 2010.
Transportation incidents remained the most frequent type of fatal work-related events and accounted for 24, or 62 percent, of the 39 fatal occupational injuries to Utah workers during 2011.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Tourists rescued after road collapses,...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 34
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 16