SALT LAKE CITY — Workplace fatalities decreased in the state and nationwide last year.
Utah recorded a preliminary count of 39 work-related fatalities in 2011, compared with 41 incidents in 2010, reflecting a 5 percent decline.
Nationally, the count of 4,609 fatal injuries was down slightly from 4,690 in 2010.
Transportation incidents remained the most frequent type of fatal work-related events and accounted for 24, or 62 percent, of the 39 fatal occupational injuries to Utah workers during 2011.
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18