Most applicants are their own worst enemies by giving poor answers to even the simplest of questions in a job interview, according to interviewing.com.
Poor answers can often be cause by nervousness or lack of preparedness. Following are some typical job interview questions that many candidates get wrong, along with tips on how to answer them:
1.Tell me something about yourself.
Instead of repeating information the interviewer already knows, tell them about skills you have that will specifically contribute to the job.
2. What are your weaknesses?
Candidates often give a list of weaknesses when they should only mention one or two and how they plan to resolve them.
3. Why did you leave your last job?
Avoid snide remarks about your past employer, this give the interviewer the impression that you are hard to get along with.
4. Why do you want to work for us?
Instead of explaining what you expect, point out how you can help the company. A little research ahead of time is crucial to answer this question correctly.
5. Why should we hire you?
Being general or vague is a bad idea. Mention skills you have that apply to the job.
- 7 ways to help your loved one when they've...
- UTA extending service to BYU-USU football game
- Balancing act: Different kinds of guilt...
- Is preschool worth the money?
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning over...
- Consumer confidence continues to climb in Utah
- MountainStar to acquire Cache Valley Hospital
- Sandy Improvement District providing sewer...
- Marijuana could deliver more than $800... 13
- Is preschool worth the money? 6
- Colorado high court considers pot... 4
- Microsoft skips Windows 9 to emphasize... 4
- How to be a billionaire 4
- Commission to highlight women in Utah... 4
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought... 3
- Ground broken for transit-oriented... 3