Emery County detectives release photos of copper theft suspect
, Emery County Sheriff's Office
CASTLE DALE — Emery County sheriff's detectives have released two pictures that they hope will help generate solid tips from the public in a series of copper thefts.
Facilities owned by Nielson Construction in Castle Dale and Huntington were burglarized three times between April and June, according to detective John Barnett. The burglars stripped copper wiring from several pieces of heavy equipment, doing more than $10,000 in damage, the detective said.
"These people do more in damage than they get for the copper," said Barnett, who did not have an estimate for the value of the stolen copper.
Detectives set up a surveillance camera in the area and believe they captured an image of the suspects' vehicle. They also have a photo of a possible suspect, which they obtained from a grocery store surveillance camera.
"I don't know if the guy is from here," Barnett said, "but I think he's got buddies here."
Investigators found evidence that more than one person was involved in two of the burglaries, Barnett said. The burglary in June, though, was committed by one man, the detective said.
Anyone with information about the copper thefts should contact Emery County sheriff's detectives at 435-749-9270 or 435-609-9883.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- The truth about addiction
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Small group of Ordain Women supporters gather...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19