Emery County detectives release photos of copper theft suspect
, Emery County Sheriff's Office
CASTLE DALE — Emery County sheriff's detectives have released two pictures that they hope will help generate solid tips from the public in a series of copper thefts.
Facilities owned by Nielson Construction in Castle Dale and Huntington were burglarized three times between April and June, according to detective John Barnett. The burglars stripped copper wiring from several pieces of heavy equipment, doing more than $10,000 in damage, the detective said.
"These people do more in damage than they get for the copper," said Barnett, who did not have an estimate for the value of the stolen copper.
Detectives set up a surveillance camera in the area and believe they captured an image of the suspects' vehicle. They also have a photo of a possible suspect, which they obtained from a grocery store surveillance camera.
"I don't know if the guy is from here," Barnett said, "but I think he's got buddies here."
Investigators found evidence that more than one person was involved in two of the burglaries, Barnett said. The burglary in June, though, was committed by one man, the detective said.
Anyone with information about the copper thefts should contact Emery County sheriff's detectives at 435-749-9270 or 435-609-9883.
- A photographic look back at the Days of '47...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- See what the pioneers thought, felt as they...
- Ogden police shoot dog that was allegedly...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop officers...
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 44
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 21
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Union Pacific train makes special... 14
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12