VIDEO: Biden says he, Obama want to raises taxes by $1 trillion
Manuel Balce Ceneta, Associated Press
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa — Vice President Joe Biden told supporters Thursday that the Obama administration plans to raise taxes by $1 trillion in order to shift liability to wealthy Americans.
"My heart breaks, come on man. You know the phrase they always use? Obama and Biden want to raise taxes by a trillion dollars. Guess what? Yes, we do, in one regard. We want to let that trillion dollar tax cut expire so the middle class doesn’t have to bear the burden of all that money going to the super wealthy," he said during the meeting.
Vice Presidential Candidate Paul Ryan was quick to respond to Biden’s remarks.
"What we don’t need is a trillion-dollar tax increase," Ryan told Fox News. "What we don’t need is a tax increase on our successful job creators that will cost us 700,000 jobs in just two years."
Ryan Williams, one of Mitt Romney’s spokesmen, added his thoughts to the vice president’s comment.
“Fresh off admitting that America's middle class has been 'buried' over the last four years, Vice President Biden went a step further today and fully embraced the president's job-killing tax increases. The choice facing Americans in this election gets clearer every day," Williams told Fox News.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4 percent in...
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8