Tom Smart, Deseret News
Throwing the ball quickly can be very frustrating for a pass rusher, according to the article. Quick passes stop defensive linemen from trying their hardest on every play which can also open things up on the ground.
A well-designed screen pass can throw off a defensive line and stop the opposing team from rushing the passer, according to the article. Having the offensive linemen release on their blocks and then tossing the ball to the running back. Bubble screens thrown to the receiver can also be good at frustrating pass rushers because the ball is out of the quarterback's hands before they have any time to hit him.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22