SALT LAKE CITY — Ted Boyer, chairman of the Utah Public Service Commission, announced Thursday that he will retire on Dec. 1.
Prior to joining the PSC, Boyer served as the first director of the Utah Division of Real Estate, then as executive director of the Utah Department of Commerce. Before his career in public service, Boyer had a successful legal practice.
The Utah Public Service Commission is charged with assuring that adequate, reliable and reasonably priced utility services are provided by regulated utility companies.
"Ted has done a superb job as chairman of the Public Service Commission," said Gov. Gary Herbert. "Under his leadership, Utah's stable and fair energy regulatory and pricing structures have been drivers of economic development in the state and are important reasons companies choose to come to Utah."
As executive director of commerce, Boyer helped institute technology advances to increase public access to state government with the implementation of online professional licensing and license renewals, the OneStop Business Registration portal and other online services.
"Having the opportunity to serve the people of Utah under four extraordinary governors has been the highlight of my working career," Boyer said. "I will dearly miss the associations and friendships public service has provided."
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- The truth about addiction
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Stephanie Nielson wanted to not just survive,...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 48
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Chris Stewart endorses presidential... 18