Stephen Holman, AP
Although trees drop leaves on lawns and the occasional branch on houses, they can also add money to your wallet.
Large trees in yards could add as much as 8 to 10 percent to your home’s value, Scott Cullen, from the Council of Tree and Landscape Appraisers, told CNN.
A shade tree near the home could save almost $70 a year on air conditioning bills, David Nowak, from the U.S. Forest Service, told CNN. Trees capable of blocking wind in the winter (like evergreens) could save about $60 every year in heating costs.
Trees can also block noise from roads and prevent flooded basements, according to CNN.
In spite of all the benefits trees provide, they could also damage your home. To prevent, this tree-care companies provide free inspections to watch for dangerous branches. Limb removal and cabling them to protect from high winds costs about $200 to $400 per tree, but this work only needs to be done once every 10 years, according to CNN.
Some trees are so dangerous that they ultimately have to be removed. Eight-foot tall replacement trees cost $250 to $500, but can add tens of thousands of dollars to your home’s value in about 10 years.
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Pets and...
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Some fear auto industry returning to bad habits
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 3
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152... 2
- Dave Ramsey says: Dave Ramsey: Pets and... 2