PROVO, Utah — The BYU men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams travel to take on the University of Hawai’i in Honolulu on Friday and Saturday.
“We’re excited for our meet this weekend against Hawai’i,” head coach John Brooks said. “We will be able to use it as a judgment to see where they’re at and where we still need to put some work in.”
The Cougars are coming off of their blue and white meet last Saturday and this weekend will be the first time they go up against another team.
Last season, the men’s and women’s teams won the Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Championships, while the Hawai’i men took fourth place. The Hawai’i women competed in the Western Athletic Conference last season and took third place. The last time BYU faced Hawaii in a duel meet, the Cougars edged the Warriors 150-149 in 2005.
Events on Friday will begin at 2:30 p.m. HAST and begin Saturday at noon HAST.
For results of the meet, check back to the BYU men’s swimming schedule page.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at email@example.com for questions relating to swimming.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 79
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35