Today in the Bloggernacle: Final LDS general conference preparations from around the Web
Conference how-to: This LDS.org page has all the information about when and how to listen to general conference this weekend and includes a beautiful video about “Why Conference Matters.” Speaking of listening, this blogger provides a handy link-heavy list of “10 Easy Ways to Share General Conference Using Social Media.” It includes the Facebook Event link, a link and description of the #ldsconf hashtag to follow along using Twitter, and much more. Check it out!
Conference infographic: Have I professed my love for infographics enough lately? This newest one encapsulates the facts and figures about conference, including a word-art depicting the overarching themes from last conference. Use it for a fun pre-conference guessing game with family; for example, you could ask, “How many speakers will speak?” or, “How many households tune in Sunday morning?” Or send the infographic out to family and friends to get them excited to listen. Awesome.
Conference creativity: I just had to include two more creative conference traditions that you can start in your family. First this “General Conference Countdown” board helps children get in the spirit of conference with appropriate activities including hymns, scriptures, facts and much more. Or, this "General Conference Question Wall" is an easy way you can focus as a family on things you hope to get out of conference. Click in to see how to implement either one, or both!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces rare,...
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Wright Words: Idaho woman learns to...
- Ask Angela: I suffered from depression,...
- Can the return of 'Cosmos' extend the scope...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Church History Symposium examines Mormonism's...
- LDS World: Receiving comfort in our afflictions
- Gay marriage debate is changing how... 89
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- When Satan steals your motherhood 46
- Defending the Faith: Where is Mount Sinai? 24
- Local religious leaders urge support... 24
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Actress Leah Remini criticized after... 15
- Some LDS missionaries coming home from... 13