'Baby Jane,' 'Dead Ringer' and 'Little Shop' lead these Blu-ray upgrades released for Halloween
“Tom and Jerry: Tricks & Treats” (Warner, 1946-2007, $19.97, 22 cartoons). Mix of vintage Tom & Jerry theatrical shorts and excerpts from the 2007 TV series “Tom & Jerry Tales,” all with spooky themes.
“Dreamworks Spooky Stories” (Dreamworks/Blu-ray + DVD, 2009-2012, $19.99, three episodes). This set has two TV specials and a collection of straight-to-DVD cartoons: “Monsters and Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space,” “Scared Shrekless” and “Shrek’s Thrilling Tales,” the latter comprised of three shorts.
“Monster High: Ghouls Rule” (Universal, 2012, $19.98, three new shorts). Another animated episode aimed at kids, featuring horror-themed characters derived from Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature From the Black Lagoon, etc. Based on the fashion-doll franchise, which includes books and online webisodes.
“Saban’s Power Rangers Samurai Monster Bash” (Lionsgate, 1993-2011, $14.98, three episodes, PSA). One episode of “Saban’s Power Rangers Samurai” and two from “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” each with a Halloween or spooky theme.
“Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 3” (Nickelodeon/Shout! 1996, 13 episodes). More comic cartoon adventures with Ickis, Oblina and Krumm attempting to avoid monster hunter Simon.
“The Garfield Show: Holiday Extravaganza” (Vivendi, 2009-11, $14.93, six episodes, bonus episode). Episodes with themes addressing Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas from the cartoon series based on the comic strip about the lasagna-loving feline.
“SpongeBob SquarePants: Ghoul Fools” (Nickelodeon/Paramount, 2012, $15.99, seven episodes, most of them tied to ghostly themes.
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'...
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes'
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- Dancing for Food: Dance event raises $40K for...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Brandon Mull's new 'Sky Raiders' shares...
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are...
- Book review: Brandon Sanderson's 'Words of...
- Profane, award-winning 'Book of Mormon'... 63
- Director Darren Aronofsky’s... 20
- Instead of 'Game of Thrones,' there are... 11
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 9
- Kids are still reading 'Calvin and Hobbes' 7
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance... 5
- PBS science correspondent Miles O'Brien... 1
- First look at modernized 'Annie'... 1