'Baby Jane,' 'Dead Ringer' and 'Little Shop' lead these Blu-ray upgrades released for Halloween
“Tom and Jerry: Tricks & Treats” (Warner, 1946-2007, $19.97, 22 cartoons). Mix of vintage Tom & Jerry theatrical shorts and excerpts from the 2007 TV series “Tom & Jerry Tales,” all with spooky themes.
“Dreamworks Spooky Stories” (Dreamworks/Blu-ray + DVD, 2009-2012, $19.99, three episodes). This set has two TV specials and a collection of straight-to-DVD cartoons: “Monsters and Aliens: Mutant Pumpkins From Outer Space,” “Scared Shrekless” and “Shrek’s Thrilling Tales,” the latter comprised of three shorts.
“Monster High: Ghouls Rule” (Universal, 2012, $19.98, three new shorts). Another animated episode aimed at kids, featuring horror-themed characters derived from Frankenstein, Dracula, Creature From the Black Lagoon, etc. Based on the fashion-doll franchise, which includes books and online webisodes.
“Saban’s Power Rangers Samurai Monster Bash” (Lionsgate, 1993-2011, $14.98, three episodes, PSA). One episode of “Saban’s Power Rangers Samurai” and two from “Mighty Morphin Power Rangers,” each with a Halloween or spooky theme.
“Aaahh!!! Real Monsters: Season 3” (Nickelodeon/Shout! 1996, 13 episodes). More comic cartoon adventures with Ickis, Oblina and Krumm attempting to avoid monster hunter Simon.
“The Garfield Show: Holiday Extravaganza” (Vivendi, 2009-11, $14.93, six episodes, bonus episode). Episodes with themes addressing Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas from the cartoon series based on the comic strip about the lasagna-loving feline.
“SpongeBob SquarePants: Ghoul Fools” (Nickelodeon/Paramount, 2012, $15.99, seven episodes, most of them tied to ghostly themes.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- 10 ways Disney can help those with autism
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 3 points for parents
- Drive-By Art aims to beautify Salt Lake...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 17
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days 6
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Farewell, Monty Python 2