Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU has Utah State both have defenses that rank in the top 25 in rush yards allowed, pass yards allowed, pass efficiency defense, total yards allowed and points allowed, according to Cougar Tracks.
The Cougars have held 11 straight opponents to less than 300 yards of total offense and the defense hasn't allowed a score in more than nine quarters, according to the article. But the Aggies' defense haven't allowed more than 24 points in eight straight games, dating back to the 2011 season. USU hasn't allowed a team to score more than 20 points in a single game so far this season. The Aggies are 6-2 during that stretch.
Under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, BYU is 61-6 when allowing 24 points or less, according to the article. In fact, the Cougars have won 37 straight games at home when the visiting team scores 24 points or less.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25