Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU has Utah State both have defenses that rank in the top 25 in rush yards allowed, pass yards allowed, pass efficiency defense, total yards allowed and points allowed, according to Cougar Tracks.
The Cougars have held 11 straight opponents to less than 300 yards of total offense and the defense hasn't allowed a score in more than nine quarters, according to the article. But the Aggies' defense haven't allowed more than 24 points in eight straight games, dating back to the 2011 season. USU hasn't allowed a team to score more than 20 points in a single game so far this season. The Aggies are 6-2 during that stretch.
Under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, BYU is 61-6 when allowing 24 points or less, according to the article. In fact, the Cougars have won 37 straight games at home when the visiting team scores 24 points or less.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16