Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU has Utah State both have defenses that rank in the top 25 in rush yards allowed, pass yards allowed, pass efficiency defense, total yards allowed and points allowed, according to Cougar Tracks.
The Cougars have held 11 straight opponents to less than 300 yards of total offense and the defense hasn't allowed a score in more than nine quarters, according to the article. But the Aggies' defense haven't allowed more than 24 points in eight straight games, dating back to the 2011 season. USU hasn't allowed a team to score more than 20 points in a single game so far this season. The Aggies are 6-2 during that stretch.
Under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, BYU is 61-6 when allowing 24 points or less, according to the article. In fact, the Cougars have won 37 straight games at home when the visiting team scores 24 points or less.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7