Ravell Call, Deseret News
PROVO — BYU has Utah State both have defenses that rank in the top 25 in rush yards allowed, pass yards allowed, pass efficiency defense, total yards allowed and points allowed, according to Cougar Tracks.
The Cougars have held 11 straight opponents to less than 300 yards of total offense and the defense hasn't allowed a score in more than nine quarters, according to the article. But the Aggies' defense haven't allowed more than 24 points in eight straight games, dating back to the 2011 season. USU hasn't allowed a team to score more than 20 points in a single game so far this season. The Aggies are 6-2 during that stretch.
Under head coach Bronco Mendenhall, BYU is 61-6 when allowing 24 points or less, according to the article. In fact, the Cougars have won 37 straight games at home when the visiting team scores 24 points or less.
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 64
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22