BYU roundup: John Beck bounced from Texans' roster; Bryan Kehl picked up Chiefs
It's was a mixed day for former BYU players in the National Football League.
Quarterback John Beck was waived by the Houston Texans, while linebacker Bryan Kehl was picked up by the Kansas City Chiefs.
On Friday, BYU hosts Utah State in a big in-state battle on ESPN.
Former BYU wide receiver Nate Meikle writes the BYU's performance "is exactly what ESPN signed up for."
Meikle writes, "Whenever BYU plays on ESPN, which is virtually every week now thanks to the success of Bronco Mendenhall, I clear my schedule to tune in, I mean, I fly in for the game. But I could choose to watch the game on national television if I wanted to; not a trivial point, as we all know. And last week’s game was exactly what ESPN signed up for: a 47-0 drubbing of an old WAC rival. Man, those WAC days were nice. ESPN must really enjoy making money off the Cougars again.
CacheValleyDaily.com offers a statistical comparison between BYU and Utah State.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 24
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22