BYU roundup: John Beck bounced from Texans' roster; Bryan Kehl picked up Chiefs
It's was a mixed day for former BYU players in the National Football League.
Quarterback John Beck was waived by the Houston Texans, while linebacker Bryan Kehl was picked up by the Kansas City Chiefs.
On Friday, BYU hosts Utah State in a big in-state battle on ESPN.
Former BYU wide receiver Nate Meikle writes the BYU's performance "is exactly what ESPN signed up for."
Meikle writes, "Whenever BYU plays on ESPN, which is virtually every week now thanks to the success of Bronco Mendenhall, I clear my schedule to tune in, I mean, I fly in for the game. But I could choose to watch the game on national television if I wanted to; not a trivial point, as we all know. And last week’s game was exactly what ESPN signed up for: a 47-0 drubbing of an old WAC rival. Man, those WAC days were nice. ESPN must really enjoy making money off the Cougars again.
CacheValleyDaily.com offers a statistical comparison between BYU and Utah State.
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- No. 21 BYU faces opportunistic, upset-minded...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- High school football: Royals rock Grizzlies...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 72
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33