BYU roundup: John Beck bounced from Texans' roster; Bryan Kehl picked up Chiefs
It's was a mixed day for former BYU players in the National Football League.
Quarterback John Beck was waived by the Houston Texans, while linebacker Bryan Kehl was picked up by the Kansas City Chiefs.
On Friday, BYU hosts Utah State in a big in-state battle on ESPN.
Former BYU wide receiver Nate Meikle writes the BYU's performance "is exactly what ESPN signed up for."
Meikle writes, "Whenever BYU plays on ESPN, which is virtually every week now thanks to the success of Bronco Mendenhall, I clear my schedule to tune in, I mean, I fly in for the game. But I could choose to watch the game on national television if I wanted to; not a trivial point, as we all know. And last week’s game was exactly what ESPN signed up for: a 47-0 drubbing of an old WAC rival. Man, those WAC days were nice. ESPN must really enjoy making money off the Cougars again.
CacheValleyDaily.com offers a statistical comparison between BYU and Utah State.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 35
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25