BYU roundup: John Beck bounced from Texans' roster; Bryan Kehl picked up Chiefs
It's was a mixed day for former BYU players in the National Football League.
Quarterback John Beck was waived by the Houston Texans, while linebacker Bryan Kehl was picked up by the Kansas City Chiefs.
On Friday, BYU hosts Utah State in a big in-state battle on ESPN.
Former BYU wide receiver Nate Meikle writes the BYU's performance "is exactly what ESPN signed up for."
Meikle writes, "Whenever BYU plays on ESPN, which is virtually every week now thanks to the success of Bronco Mendenhall, I clear my schedule to tune in, I mean, I fly in for the game. But I could choose to watch the game on national television if I wanted to; not a trivial point, as we all know. And last week’s game was exactly what ESPN signed up for: a 47-0 drubbing of an old WAC rival. Man, those WAC days were nice. ESPN must really enjoy making money off the Cougars again.
CacheValleyDaily.com offers a statistical comparison between BYU and Utah State.
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 89
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 81
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 55
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 29