UVU cross-country: Wolverines head south for SUU Invitational
OREM, Utah -- After traveling to the midwest last week for the Roy Griak Invitational, the Utah Valley University men's and women's cross-country teams will stay close to home when they participate in the SUU Invitational Friday in Cedar City.
The meet gets underway at 4 p.m. at Cedar Ridge Golf Course with the women's 4K followed by the men's 6K at 4:30 p.m.
Along with UVU and host Southern Utah, Dixie State and Idaho State will participate in the event.
In Minnesota, Cliff Nielson, the reigning Great West Conference Runner of the Week, placed 13th overall with the time of 25:06 in the 8,000-meter race in leading the men to a 10th-place finish, while freshman Darian Sharp paced with UVU women, who also placed 10th, with a 33rd-place finish (21:22) in the 6,000m race.
Behind Sharp, Krystal Harper (22:41) placed 50th overall, followed by Ivie Gonsalves (56th, 22:57) Angela Blackham (64th, 23:15) and Bridget Hazel (72nd, 22:41). Ally Deeter placed 82nd (23:37) and Stephanie Christensen was 92nd (23:54).
Jay Hinton is a sports information assistant at Utah Valley University.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 81
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34