PLEASANT GROVE — Police located three runaways from a Provo youth facility Wednesday morning at Walmart in Cedar Hills.
The youths went missing Sunday from the Vantage Point Youth Service Center, 1185 E. 300 North.
Payson City Police Lt. Bill Wright said 11-year-old Sebastian West was among the missing youths located. West's mother reached out to police and media Tuesday after her son went missing.
West was with a 15-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl, police said.
Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith said officers received a tip that the group had been seen in the northern area of the city near Cedar Hills.
A man told police he had seen three youths exiting his motor home Wednesday morning, Smith said. The group was located about a mile away at Walmart, 4689 W. Cedar Hills Drive.
The guardians of the youths have been notified. They are being held at the Slate Canyon Youth Detention Center for investigation of criminal charges pertaining to their activities since leaving Vantage Point, Smith said.
- Newborn found in trash can brings call for help
- Audit reveals major concerns about UTA...
- Parents say daughter didn't understand her...
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death of 2...
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate...
- Man arrested in connection with baby's death
- Woman accused of leaving young son outside...
- Lawmaker's proposal would offer free tuition...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 53
- New poll shows many Utahns oppose and... 49
- House Speaker Becky Lockhart is running... 36
- Carbon monoxide leak suspected in death... 34
- Newborn found in trash can brings call... 34
- Court allows Utah more time to file gay... 33
- 3 Mormon missionaries die in 2 separate... 30
- LDS missionary critically injured in... 27