PLEASANT GROVE — Police located three runaways from a Provo youth facility Wednesday morning at Walmart in Cedar Hills.
The youths went missing Sunday from the Vantage Point Youth Service Center, 1185 E. 300 North.
Payson City Police Lt. Bill Wright said 11-year-old Sebastian West was among the missing youths located. West's mother reached out to police and media Tuesday after her son went missing.
West was with a 15-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl, police said.
Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith said officers received a tip that the group had been seen in the northern area of the city near Cedar Hills.
A man told police he had seen three youths exiting his motor home Wednesday morning, Smith said. The group was located about a mile away at Walmart, 4689 W. Cedar Hills Drive.
The guardians of the youths have been notified. They are being held at the Slate Canyon Youth Detention Center for investigation of criminal charges pertaining to their activities since leaving Vantage Point, Smith said.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16