PLEASANT GROVE — Police located three runaways from a Provo youth facility Wednesday morning at Walmart in Cedar Hills.
The youths went missing Sunday from the Vantage Point Youth Service Center, 1185 E. 300 North.
Payson City Police Lt. Bill Wright said 11-year-old Sebastian West was among the missing youths located. West's mother reached out to police and media Tuesday after her son went missing.
West was with a 15-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl, police said.
Pleasant Grove Police Lt. Britt Smith said officers received a tip that the group had been seen in the northern area of the city near Cedar Hills.
A man told police he had seen three youths exiting his motor home Wednesday morning, Smith said. The group was located about a mile away at Walmart, 4689 W. Cedar Hills Drive.
The guardians of the youths have been notified. They are being held at the Slate Canyon Youth Detention Center for investigation of criminal charges pertaining to their activities since leaving Vantage Point, Smith said.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15