CEDAR CITY — A Ceder City man was arrested Tuesday after police say he offered to trade prescription drugs for sex while texting with officers posing as a 17-year-old girl.
City City police say officers were chatting with Trevor Wooldridge, 20, via text message Tuesday, pretending to be a 17-year-old girl. During the conversation, Wooldridge offered to trade prescription drugs for sex, police said.
Wooldridge was in possession of the pills when he arrived at a designated meeting place and was taken into custody. Police said they also found what appears to be child pornography on the man's phone.
Wooldridge was booked into the Iron County Jail for investigation of sexual exploitation of a minor, patronizing a prostitute, enticing a minor, contributing to the delinquency of a minor, unauthorized possession of a prescription and distribution of a prescription. He is being held on $80,000 bail.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8