Aug. 9, 2011 — Utah Supreme Court rules Cobb Letter can be unsealed; letter from inmate says Allgier admitted killing officer
Aug. 16, 2011 — Allgier files motion to receive more food so he can gain weight for trial in order to appear the way he did when Anderson was shot in attempt to show jurors he was much bigger than a man who claimed he disarmed Allgier before officers arrested him
Sept. 12, 2011 — Allgier again threatens to fire attorneys after he is transferred from the Salt Lake County Jail to the Utah State Prison pending his trial; he tells judge to stop playing games with him
Oct. 27 — Allgier is removed from court after angrily telling the judge he wants him dismissed; three more hearings scheduled to deal with 15 new motions
Nov. 15, 2011— Motion to dismiss Maughan is denied
Dec. 5, 2011 — Allgier petitions Utah Supreme Court to have Maughan dismissed
March 26, 2012 — Trial dates for Allgier are postponed after his attorneys argue their expert witnesses need more time to prepare
Aug, 29, 2012 — New trial for Allgier scheduled for April 2013
Oct. 3, 2012 — Allgier takes surprise plea deal, pleads guilty to aggravated murder in exchange for life in prison without parole.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Man accused in wife's death loved her, 'had...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Rare snowstorm traps I-15 motorists... 14
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11