SALT LAKE CITY — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury effective Dec. 1. The 4th District includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Brent H. Bartholomew, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Scott P. Card, partner, Spencer Fillmore LLC; Alan B. Sevison, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; Franklin Richards "Rick" Smith III, director, Office of Guardian ad Litem; and Paul E. Waldron, attorney, Paul Waldron P.C.
Written comments can be submitted to 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Craig Carlile at P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is Oct. 12. After a public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- LDS missionary 'stable' following hit-and-run...
- Psychologist calls doctor accused of killing...
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at least...
- Members recall Sister Monson's quiet devotion
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers aneurysm,...
- Steven Powell will not be released from...
- LDS Church submits temporary Provo MTC plans...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 59
- Mitt Romney to live in Utah — at... 44
- Police say driver who hit 3 children... 27
- Angry Orrin Hatch: IRS guilty of... 19
- Utah GOP convention agenda includes... 19
- LDS missionary from Sweden suffers... 18
- LDS missionary 'stable' following... 17
- New law banning teen drivers from... 16