SALT LAKE CITY — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury effective Dec. 1. The 4th District includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Brent H. Bartholomew, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Scott P. Card, partner, Spencer Fillmore LLC; Alan B. Sevison, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; Franklin Richards "Rick" Smith III, director, Office of Guardian ad Litem; and Paul E. Waldron, attorney, Paul Waldron P.C.
Written comments can be submitted to 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Craig Carlile at P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is Oct. 12. After a public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17