SALT LAKE CITY — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury effective Dec. 1. The 4th District includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Brent H. Bartholomew, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Scott P. Card, partner, Spencer Fillmore LLC; Alan B. Sevison, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; Franklin Richards "Rick" Smith III, director, Office of Guardian ad Litem; and Paul E. Waldron, attorney, Paul Waldron P.C.
Written comments can be submitted to 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Craig Carlile at P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is Oct. 12. After a public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 43
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 37
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Hal Boyd: Why Mitt Romney's family,... 31
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 30
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 29