SALT LAKE CITY — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury effective Dec. 1. The 4th District includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Brent H. Bartholomew, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Scott P. Card, partner, Spencer Fillmore LLC; Alan B. Sevison, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; Franklin Richards "Rick" Smith III, director, Office of Guardian ad Litem; and Paul E. Waldron, attorney, Paul Waldron P.C.
Written comments can be submitted to 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Craig Carlile at P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is Oct. 12. After a public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Love not attending Salt Lake City Rotary Club...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 79
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 58
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12