SALT LAKE CITY — The 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the juvenile court.
The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Sterling B. Sainsbury effective Dec. 1. The 4th District includes Juab, Millard, Utah and Wasatch counties.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Brent H. Bartholomew, attorney, Office of Guardian ad Litem; Scott P. Card, partner, Spencer Fillmore LLC; Alan B. Sevison, assistant attorney general, Utah Attorney General's Office; Franklin Richards "Rick" Smith III, director, Office of Guardian ad Litem; and Paul E. Waldron, attorney, Paul Waldron P.C.
Written comments can be submitted to 4th District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Craig Carlile at P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is Oct. 12. After a public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert's appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8