"I think it's not only the last two games, it's watching their program grow and build," Mendenhall said. "I think (head coach) Gary (Andersen) has done a really nice job. Not only how they've played us but how they've played the last two seasons. All of that cumulatively, they're building a really nice program. We're excited to play them. It's going to be a really good game."
BYU is 3-2 with both losses totaling four points and Utah State has a record of 4-1. The Aggies' only loss came at the hands of the Wisconsin Badgers.
The Aggies will travel to Provo to play BYU on Friday at 8:15 p.m. The game will be nationally televised on ESPN.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 55
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 54
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48