Utah still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The unemployment rate in Utah dropped to 5.6 percent in August, down from 6.2 percent in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logan has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 4.4 percent, down from 4.8 percent the month before. St. George has the highest unemployment rate at 6.8 percent but came down from 7.6 in July, the largest decrease in the state, according to the BLS.
Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo have unemployment rates of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8 percent respectively.
Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 12.3 percent. The city with the lowest unemployment rate is Oklahoma City at 4.6 percent.
The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent.
- What's in a name? At Grand Canyon, history,...
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of the...
- Nintendo opens 2015 with some big announcements
- Kimberly Rotter: 7 weird things that affect...
- Faith leaders: your secret weapon in the...
- Randy Shumway: The winners and losers of...
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Analysis: Obama seizes on recovery,... 17
- Obama's proposed mandatory paid... 13
- Utah has fourth largest gender wage... 12
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 11
- Another study lists Salt Lake as one of... 10
- Survey ranks Utah's best and worst... 9
- Obama pitches his economic plan to... 6