Utah still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The unemployment rate in Utah dropped to 5.6 percent in August, down from 6.2 percent in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logan has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 4.4 percent, down from 4.8 percent the month before. St. George has the highest unemployment rate at 6.8 percent but came down from 7.6 in July, the largest decrease in the state, according to the BLS.
Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo have unemployment rates of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8 percent respectively.
Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 12.3 percent. The city with the lowest unemployment rate is Oklahoma City at 4.6 percent.
The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent.
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its business?
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy...
- Don't be surprised if you find your boss...
- Diet Pepsi dropping aspartame on customer...
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes
- Computer outage that caused some Starbucks...
- What could McDonald's do to fix its... 11
- Are you ready to start using a digital... 5
- Airline industry is least liked... 4
- How much money should you be saving... 4
- It can cost you $12,000 a year to buy... 4
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 3
- Photos: Sharing birthday wishes 2
- Utah construction companies fined,... 2