Utah still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The unemployment rate in Utah dropped to 5.6 percent in August, down from 6.2 percent in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logan has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 4.4 percent, down from 4.8 percent the month before. St. George has the highest unemployment rate at 6.8 percent but came down from 7.6 in July, the largest decrease in the state, according to the BLS.
Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo have unemployment rates of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8 percent respectively.
Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 12.3 percent. The city with the lowest unemployment rate is Oklahoma City at 4.6 percent.
The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Does getting married really increase wealth...
- Battered by recalls, GM buoyed by its large SUVs
- Cellphone unlocking set to become legal again
- Family feud sparks revolt at grocery store...
- 3 ways you can save money on movie theater...
- Russian execs fear lasting damage from...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 13
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 8
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 5
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2