Utah still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The unemployment rate in Utah dropped to 5.6 percent in August, down from 6.2 percent in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logan has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 4.4 percent, down from 4.8 percent the month before. St. George has the highest unemployment rate at 6.8 percent but came down from 7.6 in July, the largest decrease in the state, according to the BLS.
Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo have unemployment rates of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8 percent respectively.
Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 12.3 percent. The city with the lowest unemployment rate is Oklahoma City at 4.6 percent.
The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent.
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Financial interventions don't work
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in new...
- Stericycle critics: Shut it down now
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs
- Cities to celebrate completion of S-Line...
- Extended warranties a big sell. Are they...