Utah still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The unemployment rate in Utah dropped to 5.6 percent in August, down from 6.2 percent in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logan has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 4.4 percent, down from 4.8 percent the month before. St. George has the highest unemployment rate at 6.8 percent but came down from 7.6 in July, the largest decrease in the state, according to the BLS.
Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo have unemployment rates of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8 percent respectively.
Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 12.3 percent. The city with the lowest unemployment rate is Oklahoma City at 4.6 percent.
The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent.
- Aerospace program to give high schoolers new...
- 5 career killers you didn’t know about
- Maverik launches anti-DUI campaign as UHP...
- Program offers good jobs and a way to grow...
- A younger generation of farmers gets in the dirt
- How to avoid wasting money on fees
- Israeli man allegedly launched cyberattack on...
- Utah coal: A story of families, jobs and...