Utah still has one of the lowest unemployment rates in the nation
Keith Johnson, Deseret News
The unemployment rate in Utah dropped to 5.6 percent in August, down from 6.2 percent in July, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
Logan has the lowest unemployment rate in the state at 4.4 percent, down from 4.8 percent the month before. St. George has the highest unemployment rate at 6.8 percent but came down from 7.6 in July, the largest decrease in the state, according to the BLS.
Salt Lake City, Ogden and Provo have unemployment rates of 5.4, 5.6 and 5.8 percent respectively.
Las Vegas has the highest unemployment rate in the United States at 12.3 percent. The city with the lowest unemployment rate is Oklahoma City at 4.6 percent.
The national unemployment rate is 8.2 percent.
- Gratuity, please: The do's and don't's of...
- 4 signs you need to quit your job to advance...
- Utah County completes $50 million upgrades on...
- Balancing act: Survey: Workplace bullying is...
- Set to purchase an iPhone 6s? Here's what you...
- Dave Ramsey says: Canceling credit card...
- Sandy offers safer location for e-commerce...
- Chick-fil-A opening NYC outpost in national push
- Balancing act: Survey: Workplace... 5
- Dave Ramsey says: Canceling credit card... 4
- The Catch-22 millennials face in... 3
- Teamsters members charged with... 2
- Plans call for 'convenient, inspiring... 2
- Chick-fil-A opening NYC outpost in... 1
- Local businesswoman starts networking... 1
- Gratuity, please: The do's and don't's... 1