Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The Cougars only give up 226.6 yards per game this season, according to the article. Opposing teams only get 63.2 yards on the ground each game against BYU. That's the second best in the nation. Overall, BYU's defense is the fifth best in the country.
"I don't know if I'm surprised but we're pleased with the shutouts we've had," Ogletree told the Daily Herald. "That is pretty uncommon. Anytime you can shut a team out that means there is no huge breakdowns, which is a really good thing. Coming into the season we were really confident. We knew we were going to be good but we just didn't know how good."
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 137
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 31
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 30
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 17
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15