SALT LAKE CITY — An increasing number of smash-and-grab burglaries involving vehicles have been reported near the state Capitol, most recently targeting a couple visiting from Switzerland, police said.
The Utah Highway Patrol reported the couple had parked their rented SUV near the Capitol for a 30-minute tour. When they returned, they discovered the back window had been smashed in and their credit cards taken, along with other items.
The couple contacted credit card companies immediately, but several thousand dollars in purchases had already been made downtown.
Police are asking anyone with information about the break-ins to call 801-538-1111.
- U. student government passes resolution to...
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G. Mark...
- Fundraiser established for 2-year-old who was...
- Powell family fires back at recent court...
- Salt Lake Comic Con FanX draws 100,000 attendees
- Vegas’ water drying up
- Man killed in court had tried to prevent...
- Windstorm topples trees, trucks, power poles...
- U. student government passes resolution... 97
- Utah's new adaptive testing system... 59
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 46
- Gang member shot, killed after lunging... 27
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 25
- Doug Robinson: Horrific crimes show the... 23
- GOP resolution calls for partisan... 20
- Report: Colleagues wondered if A.G.... 20