Police say driver in fatal Box Elder crash didn't slow down
WILLARD, Box Elder County — A man was killed Tuesday when a vehicle rear-ended a semitrailer on I-15, police said.
Investigators said evidence suggests the driver made no effort to slow down before slamming into the back of a semi about 5:15 p.m. No other details about the man were known Tuesday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said traffic had slowed and come to a stop because of an accident that had occurred less than 15 minutes earlier about a mile to the north. The semi was stopped in the left lane when it was rear-ended.
UHP Sgt. Brian Nelson said a witness directly behind the accident indicated there were no signs of impaired driving.
I-15 was shut down following the accident. The freeway reopened about 8 p.m.
- Bingham High students walk out over dress code
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Mountain lion caught in Foothill neighborhood...
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- Shots fired after fight at high school in...
- About Utah: Remembering the most brilliant...
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 164
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 84
- Bingham High students walk out over... 65
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 38
- Police release names of officers... 37
- Poll: Utahns in favor of school... 23
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 19
- Can Utah solve its surprising binge... 18