WILLARD, Box Elder County — A man was killed Tuesday when a vehicle rear-ended a semitrailer on I-15, police said.
Investigators said evidence suggests the driver made no effort to slow down before slamming into the back of a semi about 5:15 p.m. No other details about the man were known Tuesday night.
Utah Highway Patrol Cpl. Todd Johnson said traffic had slowed and come to a stop because of an accident that had occurred less than 15 minutes earlier about a mile to the north. The semi was stopped in the left lane when it was rear-ended.
UHP Sgt. Brian Nelson said a witness directly behind the accident indicated there were no signs of impaired driving.
I-15 was shut down following the accident. The freeway reopened about 8 p.m.
- Tabernacle Choir performs Handel's 'Messiah'...
- Two bodies discovered near Provo's Squaw Peak
- Police make arrest in death of 59-year-old...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- No aftershocks from Saturday's Tooele quake
- Film about man's crusade against child sex...
- Western states to feds: Turn over public lands
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 90
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 79
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 28
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 24
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 24
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental... 18
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 13