The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has produced new pass-along cards, which were distributed this month to subscribers of the Ensign and the English version of the Liahona magazine. A pdf version can also be printed online.
Each card is designed with two portraits of church members featured on mormon.org along with the statement "I'm a Mormon." On the back of each card are three blank lines for leaving personal messages. There is also a QR code, which when scanned by a phone will lead to the mormon.org website.
A statement by Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, a member of the Quorom of the Twelve, was also included in the packet distributed to church members.
"We are thrilled to introduce these new, versatile pass-along cards to help you share the gospel. A scan of the QR codes will give your friends instant access to specific topics on mormon.org," the statement said. "You can use the space at the top to write personal messages or share your mormon.org profile address. We encourage you to be as creative as you wish in using these new cards."
In previous general conferences, the use of the Internet in a positive way has been discussed. Church members have been encouraged to create a mormon.org profile and share their beliefs with others online. In the packet, Elder Russell M. Nelson, a member of the Quorom of the Twelve, is also quoted from his address in the October 2010 conference:
"Now in this day of the Internet, there are new and exciting ways you can do missionary work. You can invite friends and neighbors to visit the new mormon.org Web site. ... And there you can create your own personal profile. Each profile includes an expression of belief, and experience, and a testimony."
The packet also includes easy ways to share beliefs using Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.
Sarah Sanders Petersen is an intern for Deseret News where she writes for Mormon Times and other feature articles. She is a Communications major and editing minor.
- 100 inspirational quotes from Mormon leaders
- LDS missionaries share messages about...
- President Uchtdorf visits Provo City Center...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved legal...
- Well-prepared LDS Scouts rescue couple off...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- 6 Mormon sisters share uplifting music with...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Wedding industry illustrates unresolved... 65
- BYU coach, players answer questions at... 17
- 'Deseret News National Edition': Common... 12
- 'True compassion': Members of the LDS... 8
- Elder David E. Sorensen, former... 6
- What does heaven look like? Here are 10... 6
- Watch: Mormon missionaries save baby ducks 3
- Brigham Young, Utah War topic of... 3