Utah State football: Senior running back not taking anything for granted in final season at Utah State
“My goal is to do whatever it takes to get the ‘W’. The only stats I really care about are wins and losses,” Williams said. “At the end of the day, I don’t care what everything else says. Whatever it takes to get the team goal accomplished.”
The team goal is pretty basic, wanting to continue to build on the success from head coach Gary Andersen’s tenure. The next step the team plans to take is to end the season as champions of the WAC, as well as with a postseason bowl game win.
“Going from Point A, where we were my freshman year, to where we are now has been great,” Williams said. “I’ve had a wonderful experience here.”
Williams said the biggest lesson he has learned through a life of football is to just accept any advice and help he may be given.
“You have to absorb all the information you get from older players and from your coaches. Just know that everything they say is trying to help you, not make you miserable,” Williams said. “I take it all in and take it in stride. All the criticism is good criticism. There’s no such thing as bad criticism. Take everything people say and just go with it.”
Williams will graduate this May with a bachelor’s degree in marketing. His focus and dedication to his final season of Aggie football have him trying not to think too far or hard beyond that.
“Only time will tell. Whatever’s available to me is what I want to see happen,” Williams said. “We’ve just got to get past this season first.”
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34