Utah State football: Senior running back not taking anything for granted in final season at Utah State
“My goal is to do whatever it takes to get the ‘W’. The only stats I really care about are wins and losses,” Williams said. “At the end of the day, I don’t care what everything else says. Whatever it takes to get the team goal accomplished.”
The team goal is pretty basic, wanting to continue to build on the success from head coach Gary Andersen’s tenure. The next step the team plans to take is to end the season as champions of the WAC, as well as with a postseason bowl game win.
“Going from Point A, where we were my freshman year, to where we are now has been great,” Williams said. “I’ve had a wonderful experience here.”
Williams said the biggest lesson he has learned through a life of football is to just accept any advice and help he may be given.
“You have to absorb all the information you get from older players and from your coaches. Just know that everything they say is trying to help you, not make you miserable,” Williams said. “I take it all in and take it in stride. All the criticism is good criticism. There’s no such thing as bad criticism. Take everything people say and just go with it.”
Williams will graduate this May with a bachelor’s degree in marketing. His focus and dedication to his final season of Aggie football have him trying not to think too far or hard beyond that.
“Only time will tell. Whatever’s available to me is what I want to see happen,” Williams said. “We’ve just got to get past this season first.”
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41