USU volleyball: Aggie volleyball to 'Dig for a Cure' during October to help promote breast cancer awareness
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the Utah State volleyball team wants to help by raising money for Logan Regional Hospital Foundations's Breast Cancer Services. Pledges are now being gathered for every dig the Aggies make during their seven home matches in October as part of USU's "Dig for a Cure" campaign.
For each dig, the Aggies are asking for a donation of $0.25. If the Aggies record 200 total digs in the seven matches, a pledge of $0.25 will result in $50. Half of this donation will go to the Logan Regional Hospital Foundation to assist in Breast Cancer Services, while the other half will be used to support the USU volleyball team. Pledges can be made in any amount and flat donations are also accepted and appreciated. Pledge and donation forms will be available at the matches at the marketing/promotions table on the west concourse of the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Any pledge or donation received will enter the fan's name into a drawing, which will take place the last home match in October on Saturday, Oct. 27 vs. Louisiana Tech. Prizes include: T-shirts, volleyballs and team photos. More information along with pledge/donation forms can be found on the Aggie website.
Utah State volleyball opens a season-long, five-match homestand starting with New Mexico State on Thursday, Oct. 4 at 7 p.m., in an all-Aggie showdown of the top two teams in the Western Athletic Conference. NMSU is 5-0 in league play, while USU is 4-1. New Mexico State is 11-4 overall, while Utah State is 10-5.
USU's longest homestand since 2000 continues when Utah State hosts WAC newcomer Denver on Saturday, Oct. 6. The Aggies then take a break from conference play to host in-state foe Utah Valley on Tuesday, Oct. 9. Returning to WAC play, USU will host San Jose State on Saturday, Oct. 13 and UTSA on Monday, Oct. 15. After road matches at Idaho on Thursday, Oct. 18 and at Seattle on Saturday, Oct. 20, USU returns home to host UT Arlington on Thursday, Oct. 25 and Louisiana Tech. All Aggie home matches start at 7 p.m. at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum.
Utah State volleyball tickets are available by contacting the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or by calling 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305.
USU volleyball action can be followed live on the Internet with live stats available through the "Gametracker" link on the USU website. Aggie volleyball home matches are also streamed online by clicking on the "Watch Live" link on their website. There is a Utah State All-Access Monthly Subscription for $9.95 and a Utah State All-Access Yearly Subscription for $79.95.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 127
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 51
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 15