Provo police arrest five in connection with car burglaries
PROVO — Police have arrested two men and three juveniles in connection a series of car break-ins Sunday and Monday.
Police say the individuals were involved in two separate incidents. Investigations into both incidents turned up items that had apparently been stolen. Those items were returned to their owners, police said.
The first call came from a concerned resident who noticed three juvenile males checking car door handles in a parking lot around 4 a.m. Sunday. Police responded and arrested the juveniles near 750 East and 500 North.
A second incident occurred about 3:20 a.m. Monday. A Provo police officer conducting a foot patrol noticed two men in a parking lot in the area of 500 East and 500 North.
Caz Thatcher, 20, and Miguel Angel Castillo, 24, were arrested for investigation of vehicle burglary, theft and possession of stolen property.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax
- Investigation underway after man's body found...
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 17
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 16
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 16
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12