Provo police arrest five in connection with car burglaries
PROVO — Police have arrested two men and three juveniles in connection a series of car break-ins Sunday and Monday.
Police say the individuals were involved in two separate incidents. Investigations into both incidents turned up items that had apparently been stolen. Those items were returned to their owners, police said.
The first call came from a concerned resident who noticed three juvenile males checking car door handles in a parking lot around 4 a.m. Sunday. Police responded and arrested the juveniles near 750 East and 500 North.
A second incident occurred about 3:20 a.m. Monday. A Provo police officer conducting a foot patrol noticed two men in a parking lot in the area of 500 East and 500 North.
Caz Thatcher, 20, and Miguel Angel Castillo, 24, were arrested for investigation of vehicle burglary, theft and possession of stolen property.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12