Provo police arrest five in connection with car burglaries
PROVO — Police have arrested two men and three juveniles in connection a series of car break-ins Sunday and Monday.
Police say the individuals were involved in two separate incidents. Investigations into both incidents turned up items that had apparently been stolen. Those items were returned to their owners, police said.
The first call came from a concerned resident who noticed three juvenile males checking car door handles in a parking lot around 4 a.m. Sunday. Police responded and arrested the juveniles near 750 East and 500 North.
A second incident occurred about 3:20 a.m. Monday. A Provo police officer conducting a foot patrol noticed two men in a parking lot in the area of 500 East and 500 North.
Caz Thatcher, 20, and Miguel Angel Castillo, 24, were arrested for investigation of vehicle burglary, theft and possession of stolen property.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 48
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7