Provo police arrest five in connection with car burglaries
PROVO — Police have arrested two men and three juveniles in connection a series of car break-ins Sunday and Monday.
Police say the individuals were involved in two separate incidents. Investigations into both incidents turned up items that had apparently been stolen. Those items were returned to their owners, police said.
The first call came from a concerned resident who noticed three juvenile males checking car door handles in a parking lot around 4 a.m. Sunday. Police responded and arrested the juveniles near 750 East and 500 North.
A second incident occurred about 3:20 a.m. Monday. A Provo police officer conducting a foot patrol noticed two men in a parking lot in the area of 500 East and 500 North.
Caz Thatcher, 20, and Miguel Angel Castillo, 24, were arrested for investigation of vehicle burglary, theft and possession of stolen property.
- Rocky Mountain Power: Thousands on Wasatch...
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- UDOT to release preliminary results of S.R....
- Democrats say county primary election voter...
- Walking tour, barbecue Saturday in Murray
- Wife of Sandy man killed by police sues West...
- GOED announces nearly $2 million in...
- Utah man held 1,164 days in jail... 37
- 'Dirty soda' lawsuit calls shop's... 22
- Former Utah Gov. Mike Leavitt advising... 20
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 16
- Sutherland Institute looks to broaden... 15
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 14
- Utah defends busting theater for... 12