Utah Utes football: Utes to start 2 freshmen on the offensive line against USC
Whittingham said that junior Vyncent Jones and junior Latu Heimuli are unavailable this week, prompting depth chart changes. Siaosi Aiono, a 6-foot-2, 305-pound redshirt freshman, is slated to start at right guard. He'll play alongside true freshman Jeremiah Poutasi, who started at right tackles against BYU and Arizona State.
"They've got to step up to the plate and be ready to go," Whittingham said while expressing confidence in both players.
Utah's other starting offensive linemen include senior center Tevita Stevens, senior left tackle Sam Brenner and junior left guard Jeremiah Tofaeono.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19