Utah Utes football: Utes to start 2 freshmen on the offensive line against USC
Whittingham said that junior Vyncent Jones and junior Latu Heimuli are unavailable this week, prompting depth chart changes. Siaosi Aiono, a 6-foot-2, 305-pound redshirt freshman, is slated to start at right guard. He'll play alongside true freshman Jeremiah Poutasi, who started at right tackles against BYU and Arizona State.
"They've got to step up to the plate and be ready to go," Whittingham said while expressing confidence in both players.
Utah's other starting offensive linemen include senior center Tevita Stevens, senior left tackle Sam Brenner and junior left guard Jeremiah Tofaeono.
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being forced out...
- Amy Donaldson: South Jordan mom eyes Boston...
- Brad Rock: Silence is the wrong approach for...
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act together
- Bingham nearly topples undefeated Florida...
- Meet the 21 Utah ties on the NFL playoff rosters
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look at...
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point range...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 75
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 63
- Source: Kyle Whittingham not being... 45
- Hill, Whittingham meet after football... 41
- Brad Rock: Memo to Utes: Get your act... 38
- Red and Blue Recruits: An inside look... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU starters lose 3-point... 15
- Pangos, Wiltjer lead Gonzaga to victory... 13