Utah State volleyball: Josselyn White tabbed USU Athlete of the Week
MEN’S GOLF – Freshman Reed Platke (Whitefish, Mont.) finished tied for 15th place with a 1-over 214 (74-69-71) at the Boise State hosted Dash Thomas Memorial. Platke began the tournament with a 3-over 74 and then carded a season-best 2-under 69 during his second 18 holes, before finishing with an even-par 71. USU finished the tournament tied for seventh place in the 13-team field with a 19-over 871 (297-284-290).
SOCCER – Senior defender Natalie Norris (Sandy, Utah) helped Utah State earn a pair of 0-0 double overtime ties at New Mexico State and at No. 18 Denver last weekend. In two matches, Norris and the Aggie defense faced 36 shots in 220 minutes without allowing a goal as the senior played every minute of both matches.
MEN’S TENNIS – Senior Sven Poslusny (Lorrach, Germany) posted a 1-1 singles record at the ITA All-American Pre-Qualifying Championship held in Tulsa, Okla., last weekend. Poslusny lost in the first round to Eastern Washington's Joseph Cohen (7-6, 6-2) but then defeated Purdue’s Arthur Dobradin (6-3, 6-1) in the bonus round.
WOMEN’S TENNIS – Sophomore McKenzie Davis (Salt Lake City, Utah) posted a 5-0 record to win the Blue Flight of singles play at the Jack Taylor Classic hosted by Boise State as she won all five of her matches in straight sets. Davis also won the doubles title with senior partner Jaci West, defeating Sandy Vo and Marlena Pietzuch from Boise State in the finals, 8-3.
2012-13 Utah State Athlete of the Week Winners
Aug. 27 - Josselyn White, Volleyball
Sept. 3 - Chuckie Keeton, Football
Sept. 10 - Chuckie Keeton, Football
Sept. 17 - Tanner Higham, Golf
Sept. 24 - Kerwynn Williams, Football
Oct. 1 - Josselyn White, Volleyball
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Morning links: BYU letting fans tailgate;...
- Doug Robinson: Weber State track coach isn't...
- J.J. O'Brien's basketball career comes full...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 104
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27