SALT LAKE CITY — It's that time of year again when the men head to the priesthood session of general conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and the women have a moment to enjoy a much-anticipated girls' night out.
If you're looking for a fun venue to spend two hours while the men are out on the evening of Oct. 6, look no further than Deseret Book's "Ladies' Night." Several locations in Utah, Idaho, Arizona, New Mexico and Washington are celebrating the occasion with a 20 percent discount off regularly priced items, free refreshments, samples, and entertainment from musicians, authors and artists. As an added bonus, the first 100 people lined up at each door get a free gift. Below is a list of locations and entertainment for events at Deseret Books across the west.
For more information, visit www.deseretbook.com.
General Conference Ladies' Night, Saturday, Oct. 6, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
• City Creek (45 W. South Temple, Salt Lake City):
Ft. Union (1110 Fort Union Blvd, Midvale):
University Village (1076 S. 750 East, Orem):
Pianist Amy Hansen, "Fount of Every Blessing"; Echo Blickenstaff, "Favorite Family Recipes"; Alyson Von Feldt, co-author "Running Into the Wind"; Natalie Hollingshead, co-author "Happy Homemaking: An LDS Girl's Guide"; Kara Allen, Kara Party Ideas; Reverse Charades game demo.
Layton Hills Mall (754 N. Main, Layton):
Rachel Nunes, "Line of Fire"
Bountiful (135 N. 545 West, Bountiful):
Valerie Phillips, "Soup's On!"; Gale Sears.
Orem Parkway (230 E. University Parkway, Orem):
Sarah Eden, "An Unlikely Match"; Tristi Pinkston, "Turning Pages."
Logan (1309 N. Main, Logan):
Kate Palmer, "The Guy Next Door"
Draper (107 E. 12300 South, Draper):
Fay Klingler, "A Woman's Power"
West Jordan (3751 Center Park Drive, West Jordan):
Carma Sirrine, "10 Secrets for a Happy Marriage"
American Fork (468 N. 990 West, American Fork):
Wendy Ulrich, "The Temple Experience: Passage to Healing and Holiness"
St. George (735 S. Bluff, St. George):
Elyssa Andrus, co-author "Happy Homemaking: An LDS Girl's Guide"; singer Lyndsi Houskeeper, "Arise and Shine Forth."
Ogden Temple (339 E. 2250 South, Ogden):
Sugarhouse (2274 S. 1300 East):
Melissa Richardson, "The Art of Baking with Natural Yeast"
Riverdale (4151 Riverdale Road, Riverdale):
Boise, Idaho (7147 Overland Road, Boise):
Emily and Erica Walker, "Favorite Family Recipes"
Meridian, Idaho (1180 N. Eagle Road, Meridian):
Sara Wells, "Our Best Bites"
Twin Falls, Idaho (1434 Pole Line Road East, Twin Falls, ID):
Seattle, Wash. (3080 148th Ave., Bellevue):
Ladies' Night held 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.; Kristen Smith Dayley, "For All the Saints"
Albuquerque, N.M. (8100 Wyoming Blvd. NE, Albuqerque):
Josi Kilpack, "Tres Leches Cupcakes"; Jenni James.
Glendale, Ariz. (5820 W. Greenway Road, Glendale):
Ladies' Night held 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
Chandler, Ariz. (2860 W. Chandler Blvd., Chandler):
Ladies' Night held 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Super Bowl quarterback Tom Brady relies on...
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- 'Studio C' cast talks to LDS teens about...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of...
- ABC's 'Nightline' takes a look into the lives...
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about...
- Clark Gilbert named new president of BYU-Idaho
- LDS Church's official website to evolve over...
- LDS leaders reemphasize protection of... 196
- Watch: LDS Church news conference about... 37
- Top Catholics and evangelicals: Gay... 31
- LDS statement could move Utah... 30
- See why this Christian mother is giving... 20
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 14
- Defending the Faith: Rethinking... 13
- Some Republican presidential hopefuls... 12