PANGUITCH — The Red Canyon visitors center and campground has closed for the 2012 season.
Reconstruction of the visitors center led to the Sept. 30 closure, according to the Powell Ranger District of Dixie National Forest.
Improvements planned for Red Canyon include new interpretive education panels, a new accessible trail, reconstruction of the picnic area and restrooms, and an upgrade to the septic system.
The visitors center will open for the 2013 season on Easter weekend, March 29, 2013, as the Forest Service kicks off the celebration of the center's 10th anniversary.
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Are 'calm' South Jordan burglars tied to...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 46
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13