PANGUITCH — The Red Canyon visitors center and campground has closed for the 2012 season.
Reconstruction of the visitors center led to the Sept. 30 closure, according to the Powell Ranger District of Dixie National Forest.
Improvements planned for Red Canyon include new interpretive education panels, a new accessible trail, reconstruction of the picnic area and restrooms, and an upgrade to the septic system.
The visitors center will open for the 2013 season on Easter weekend, March 29, 2013, as the Forest Service kicks off the celebration of the center's 10th anniversary.
- Boulder slams into Rockville home, killing two
- Lost recording of an interview with 1867...
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in ongoing...
- Orangeville couple killed in head-on crash
- Ex-nurse accused of sexually abusing,...
- Many Mormon missionaries who return home...
- Former West Valley City women's clinic owner...
- Utah husband wins 'Most Memorable Moment'...
- Pay increase for Gov. Herbert, other... 67
- Legal analysis supports Utah's law on... 38
- Do Utah high school students need four... 32
- Charges filed against 'fixer' in... 25
- Supervolcano hidden in plain sight in... 20
- Young adults are faced with risky... 18
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 11
- Nurse threatened to kill patient after... 9