PANGUITCH — The Red Canyon visitors center and campground has closed for the 2012 season.
Reconstruction of the visitors center led to the Sept. 30 closure, according to the Powell Ranger District of Dixie National Forest.
Improvements planned for Red Canyon include new interpretive education panels, a new accessible trail, reconstruction of the picnic area and restrooms, and an upgrade to the septic system.
The visitors center will open for the 2013 season on Easter weekend, March 29, 2013, as the Forest Service kicks off the celebration of the center's 10th anniversary.
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley detective...
- Man seeks video of 1995 Oklahoma City...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 19
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 11
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9