PANGUITCH — The Red Canyon visitors center and campground has closed for the 2012 season.
Reconstruction of the visitors center led to the Sept. 30 closure, according to the Powell Ranger District of Dixie National Forest.
Improvements planned for Red Canyon include new interpretive education panels, a new accessible trail, reconstruction of the picnic area and restrooms, and an upgrade to the septic system.
The visitors center will open for the 2013 season on Easter weekend, March 29, 2013, as the Forest Service kicks off the celebration of the center's 10th anniversary.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10