PANGUITCH — The Red Canyon visitors center and campground has closed for the 2012 season.
Reconstruction of the visitors center led to the Sept. 30 closure, according to the Powell Ranger District of Dixie National Forest.
Improvements planned for Red Canyon include new interpretive education panels, a new accessible trail, reconstruction of the picnic area and restrooms, and an upgrade to the septic system.
The visitors center will open for the 2013 season on Easter weekend, March 29, 2013, as the Forest Service kicks off the celebration of the center's 10th anniversary.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12