Elderly man killed in auto-pedestrian accident in Sunset
SUNSET — An 85-year-old man was hit and killed by a car while attempting to cross a busy street early Monday.
Just before 7 a.m., Sunset resident Darrel Thompson was crossing Main near 2300 North against the light and not in a crosswalk, said Sunset Police Lt. Bruce Arbogast.
A driver apparently did not see Thompson on the dark road and hit him, Arbogast said.
"He's been around for years," Arbogast said. "I've seen him walking every morning. (It) made this one a little harder because I did know who he was."
Thompson was pronounced dead at the scene. The speed limit on the heavily traveled road is 45 mph.
Thompson lived alone. Investigators believe he was crossing the street in an attempt to get to a bus stop.
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Utah is youngest state in country but growing...
- Utah man building Disneyland out of Legos...
- America’s Most Followed Members of...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a...
- Fruit Heights to shut off water system...
- Kaysville to fete retiring city manager at...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 57
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 34
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Will 'Brexit' vote help Trump in Utah? 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Utah militia leader tried to blow up... 17