Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
The performances of two freshmen in Friday night's win over Hawaii, quarterback Taysom Hill and running back Jamaal Williams, have some BYU fans excited about the future, according to the Daily Herald.
Hill had a total of 255 yards with three total touchdowns, and Williams had 185 total yards and two touchdown scampers. Both players made some big plays on offense, giving BYU fans high hopes for the future, according to the article.
BYU head coach Bronco Mendenhall tried to contain the expectations for Williams in the Hawaii post-game press conference. "Before we get too far down the Jamaal bandwagon, it's a nice start for him," Mendenhall said. "We'll see now if he touches it more and more against stiffer competition how he'll handle it, but I was really encouraged tonight."
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: NBA post-up is not dead;...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- High school All-Sports awards: Davis, Maple...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback Austin...
- The 1990 NBA draft redone: See how a pair of...
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 47
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 45
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 33
- BYU basketball: NBA draft insiders... 31
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 10
- Live streams: 5A & 4A state baseball... 7
- Amy Donaldson: It's easy for this... 5