WEST VALLEY CITY — Butler Arms USA is opening a facility and bringing about 125 jobs to the city's Metro Business Park.
The gun manufacturer will occupy 17,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space.
Jason Fogg, chief operating officer for Butler Arms USA, said the decision to move the company to Utah was based on several factors, the most important being the wealth of gunmaking expertise, high-tech manufacturing base and skilled human resources.
Butler is best known for its Butler XX12 semi-automatic target shotgun, which significantly reduces felt recoil and increases target accuracy.
Designed by hunter Larry Butler of Hailey, Idaho, the Butler XX12 debuted at the January SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Built in the U.S., the Butler XX12 platform will soon be made into a field version for hunters, with law enforcement and home defense models also on the drawing board.
For more information regarding Butler Arms USA visit www.butlerarmsusa.com or contact Scott Smith at 801-866-0188.
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- Facebook makes the most obvious move ever...
- 7 benefits of taking vacation time
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000 —...
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make comparisons when...
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in Moab...
- 12 kinds of late-night office emails
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14
- Raising a kid will cost you $245,000... 10
- Proposed collector natural gas lines in... 7
- Utah exceeds Gov. Herbert's jobs goal 6
- Twitter tries to block images of James... 4
- Balancing act: Readers dispute... 4
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't make... 4
- Facebook makes the most obvious move... 2