WEST VALLEY CITY — Butler Arms USA is opening a facility and bringing about 125 jobs to the city's Metro Business Park.
The gun manufacturer will occupy 17,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space.
Jason Fogg, chief operating officer for Butler Arms USA, said the decision to move the company to Utah was based on several factors, the most important being the wealth of gunmaking expertise, high-tech manufacturing base and skilled human resources.
Butler is best known for its Butler XX12 semi-automatic target shotgun, which significantly reduces felt recoil and increases target accuracy.
Designed by hunter Larry Butler of Hailey, Idaho, the Butler XX12 debuted at the January SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Built in the U.S., the Butler XX12 platform will soon be made into a field version for hunters, with law enforcement and home defense models also on the drawing board.
For more information regarding Butler Arms USA visit www.butlerarmsusa.com or contact Scott Smith at 801-866-0188.
- Rebate or tax credit? Clean air proposal...
- Yellen says US families need to boost savings
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6
- Guilty verdict in peanut trial should send...
- Dave Ramsey says: Tips for stretching dollars...
- Review: Larger iPhones eliminate reason to...
- Riverton Hospital expansion aims to meet...
- SpaceX launches 3-D printer, other station gear
- Yellen says US families need to boost... 10
- Financial interventions don't work 7
- Salt Lake City is now 'Ski City USA' in... 5
- PepsiCo latest sponsor to voice NFL... 4
- Customers wait all night, get new iPhone 6 4
- FedEx to add 50,000 seasonal jobs 2
- Where’s the app for an earthquake... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2