WEST VALLEY CITY — Butler Arms USA is opening a facility and bringing about 125 jobs to the city's Metro Business Park.
The gun manufacturer will occupy 17,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space.
Jason Fogg, chief operating officer for Butler Arms USA, said the decision to move the company to Utah was based on several factors, the most important being the wealth of gunmaking expertise, high-tech manufacturing base and skilled human resources.
Butler is best known for its Butler XX12 semi-automatic target shotgun, which significantly reduces felt recoil and increases target accuracy.
Designed by hunter Larry Butler of Hailey, Idaho, the Butler XX12 debuted at the January SHOT Show in Las Vegas. Built in the U.S., the Butler XX12 platform will soon be made into a field version for hunters, with law enforcement and home defense models also on the drawing board.
For more information regarding Butler Arms USA visit www.butlerarmsusa.com or contact Scott Smith at 801-866-0188.
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- Do jobs need to be fulfilling?
- 10 celebrities who lost the budget battle to...
- Davis County cities propose property tax...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- US auto sales sizzle in July, helped by...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- Utah Transit Authority eyeing electric... 4
- Consumer index climbs to record level... 4
- Report: More acidic seawater poses... 3