SANDY — The Canyons School District is accepting applications for its dual-immersion language programs in the 2013-14 school year.
Educators who oversee the program are holding a parent information night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 9 at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9163 S. 300 East.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2013-14 school year is Nov. 2, 2012. Online applications can be accessed at dual.canyonsdistrict.org.
Canyons District is home to eight dual-immersion language programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs at Draper, Lone Peak and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2013-14 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English dual-language immersion program is for students entering kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
For more information, call 801-826-5045.
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 37
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 28
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 17