SANDY — The Canyons School District is accepting applications for its dual-immersion language programs in the 2013-14 school year.
Educators who oversee the program are holding a parent information night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 9 at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9163 S. 300 East.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2013-14 school year is Nov. 2, 2012. Online applications can be accessed at dual.canyonsdistrict.org.
Canyons District is home to eight dual-immersion language programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs at Draper, Lone Peak and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2013-14 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English dual-language immersion program is for students entering kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
For more information, call 801-826-5045.
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and who is he?
- Samuelson honored as 5,648 graduate from BYU
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 56
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 36
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16
- Gov. Gary Herbert resisting Utah GOP... 14