SANDY — The Canyons School District is accepting applications for its dual-immersion language programs in the 2013-14 school year.
Educators who oversee the program are holding a parent information night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 9 at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9163 S. 300 East.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2013-14 school year is Nov. 2, 2012. Online applications can be accessed at dual.canyonsdistrict.org.
Canyons District is home to eight dual-immersion language programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs at Draper, Lone Peak and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2013-14 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English dual-language immersion program is for students entering kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
For more information, call 801-826-5045.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7
- Audit of embattled S.L. County... 7