SANDY — The Canyons School District is accepting applications for its dual-immersion language programs in the 2013-14 school year.
Educators who oversee the program are holding a parent information night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 9 at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9163 S. 300 East.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2013-14 school year is Nov. 2, 2012. Online applications can be accessed at dual.canyonsdistrict.org.
Canyons District is home to eight dual-immersion language programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs at Draper, Lone Peak and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2013-14 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English dual-language immersion program is for students entering kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
For more information, call 801-826-5045.
- Video: How to choose the right helmet for...
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate legal...
- Body of missing hiker found above Alta
- Documents: Former teacher says he used to...
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald Trump...
- Costco begins new credit card agreement
- Worthy of celebration: 99-year history of...
- Syracuse woman killed in Antelope Drive crash
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 75
- Nearly 70 percent of Utahns say Donald... 62
- Love won't go to GOP national convention 32
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- ACLU sues the state over inadequate... 26
- Utah GOP brings up father's bank... 25
- Rio Grande neighborhood 'more unsafe... 21