SANDY — The Canyons School District is accepting applications for its dual-immersion language programs in the 2013-14 school year.
Educators who oversee the program are holding a parent information night from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Oct. 9 at the Canyons Support Services Center, 9163 S. 300 East.
The deadline to submit applications for the 2013-14 school year is Nov. 2, 2012. Online applications can be accessed at dual.canyonsdistrict.org.
Canyons District is home to eight dual-immersion language programs: Mandarin Chinese-English programs at Draper, Lone Peak and Ridgecrest elementary schools; French-English programs at Butler and Oak Hollow elementary schools; and Spanish-English classes at Alta View, Silver Mesa and Midvale elementary schools.
All programs, except the Midvale program, are for students entering first grade for the 2013-14 school year. The Midvale Spanish-English dual-language immersion program is for students entering kindergarten for the 2013-14 school year.
A lottery will be held to determine entrance into the programs if the number of applications is greater than the number of space available in the classes.
For more information, call 801-826-5045.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Applications being taken for justice court...
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 21
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14