In a quarterback controversy, coaches shouldn't make hasty decisions, according to the article. If the successor at quarterback begins to play poorly and a coach makes another quarterback change, it can ruin his leadership credentials. Also, starting a backup quarterback before he's ready can shake his confidence.
By not making Hill the permanent starter, Mendenhall is actually protecting him, according to Vanquish the Foe. Becoming the starting quarterback can come with a lot of pressure. Making Hill the starter before he's ready could end with the fans and players turning against both Hill and Mendenhall.
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting niche
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 51
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 42
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 11
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8