In a quarterback controversy, coaches shouldn't make hasty decisions, according to the article. If the successor at quarterback begins to play poorly and a coach makes another quarterback change, it can ruin his leadership credentials. Also, starting a backup quarterback before he's ready can shake his confidence.
By not making Hill the permanent starter, Mendenhall is actually protecting him, according to Vanquish the Foe. Becoming the starting quarterback can come with a lot of pressure. Making Hill the starter before he's ready could end with the fans and players turning against both Hill and Mendenhall.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 282
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 70
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 40
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 33