— Respondents said 50 seconds was the average amount of time that must pass before it's acceptable to honk at the car in front of you if the driver doesn't move after a light turns green. I don't think I'd wait even close to 50 seconds, especially if I could tell that the other driver was texting. In such cases, I'm pretty quick on the trigger.
While I may not agree with the average American on all of these statistics, as a time-obsessed person, I do appreciate the information. The next time one of my children or my spouse is getting ready too slowly and making us late, I'll just remind them that surveys indicate any amount of lateness is rude.
I'm sure that will go over really well, aren't you?
Assuming I survive making such a statement, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the issue of time. Are you an always-late person or an always-on-time person? How much lateness is acceptable? How long can you wait in line before rage sets in?
Send me a message, and I'll share some of your responses in a future column.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies, alliances
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and Canada
- Once controversial downtown property finally...
- Randy Shumway: Why so early? Holiday spending...
- The American Dream is still alive for... 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 7
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 5
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K... 1
- Barnes & Noble shares fall on SEC probe 1