— Respondents said 50 seconds was the average amount of time that must pass before it's acceptable to honk at the car in front of you if the driver doesn't move after a light turns green. I don't think I'd wait even close to 50 seconds, especially if I could tell that the other driver was texting. In such cases, I'm pretty quick on the trigger.
While I may not agree with the average American on all of these statistics, as a time-obsessed person, I do appreciate the information. The next time one of my children or my spouse is getting ready too slowly and making us late, I'll just remind them that surveys indicate any amount of lateness is rude.
I'm sure that will go over really well, aren't you?
Assuming I survive making such a statement, I'd like to hear your thoughts on the issue of time. Are you an always-late person or an always-on-time person? How much lateness is acceptable? How long can you wait in line before rage sets in?
Send me a message, and I'll share some of your responses in a future column.
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
- Jobless claims drop to near 6-year low
- 4 charged in year-long copper thefts at Utah...
- At 50, new-look Mustang still has plenty of...
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Children's museum celebrates 35 years of play
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 27
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Obama to feds: Boost renewable power 20... 6
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4