I’m a defense hawk, but do you really believe we can’t wring out a trillion dollars over the next five years by attacking the inefficiencies in the Pentagon budget? All of the entitlement programs are in a similar condition. They are laden with waste and gross inefficiency. Meanwhile, we expand the public sector as our strategy to juice the economy.
As a nation, we’ve been going to bed at 1 a.m. without consequence. We’ve been getting A grades without studying. Now we are free-climbing El Capitan.
We must deleverage the nation. We have enjoyed our freedom, but the gradual consequences, which we choose to deny, will one day become sudden, and there will be much less freedom to go around.
Timothy R. Clark is the founder of TRClark LLC, a management consulting and leadership development organization. His newest book, "The Employee Engagement Mindset," has just been released from McGraw-Hill. Email: email@example.com
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday items
- Google taking steps toward robot creation
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view milestone;...
- UTA's six-person group pass is here for the...
- 'Intern Queen' to share advice on college...
- Intermountain Healthcare offering benefits to...
- Green energy option in Logan points to a need...
- Obama declares health care law is... 21
- Intermountain Healthcare offering... 15
- Start thinking about retirement while... 7
- Amazon's latest idea may make online... 6
- Walmart's 20 best-selling Black Friday... 5
- About Utah: A cheesy way to save the farm 4
- DeseretNews.com reaches page view... 4
- Collecting online sales tax puts Utah... 3