I’m a defense hawk, but do you really believe we can’t wring out a trillion dollars over the next five years by attacking the inefficiencies in the Pentagon budget? All of the entitlement programs are in a similar condition. They are laden with waste and gross inefficiency. Meanwhile, we expand the public sector as our strategy to juice the economy.
As a nation, we’ve been going to bed at 1 a.m. without consequence. We’ve been getting A grades without studying. Now we are free-climbing El Capitan.
We must deleverage the nation. We have enjoyed our freedom, but the gradual consequences, which we choose to deny, will one day become sudden, and there will be much less freedom to go around.
Timothy R. Clark is the founder of TRClark LLC, a management consulting and leadership development organization. His newest book, "The Employee Engagement Mindset," has just been released from McGraw-Hill. Email: email@example.com
- Writers offer personal finance advice to Obama
- Former middle-class moms choose new identity...
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled amid...
- New app helps consumers purchase products...
- Abercrombie & Fitch only sells to 'cool,...
- Dick Harmon: Utah analytics company breaks...
- Utah added 43,000 more jobs in April 2013...
- Is the Wii U already becoming outdated?
- Writers offer personal finance advice... 20
- Green energy loans have been a black... 10
- Utah's public university presidents... 9
- Obama: 'Our focus cannot drift' from... 7
- New app helps consumers purchase... 7
- Two new hotels announced for downtown... 6
- West Davis Corridor project unveiled... 6
- Tea party tax returns show small... 4