Today in the Bloggernacle: Bible Video, Relief Society meeting, CES firesides and The Wheelchair Project
Bible Video: The newest Bible Video release, “Jesus Forgives Sins and Heals a Man Stricken with Palsy,” is a beautiful depiction that would be lovely to share with family and friends. Click in to see the full story of how a man is lowered into where Jesus is preaching and what happens next.
CES firesides: Also just uploaded to the Mormon Messages YouTube Channel comes the three 2012 LDS Church Educational System firesides featuring Elder Quentin R. Cook of the Quorum of the Twelve on “What E're Thou Art, Act Well Thy Part: Avoid Wearing Masks That Hide Identity,” Elder Marlin K. Jensen of the Seventy on “Stand in the Sacred Grove” and the recent one from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, also of the Quorum of the Twelve, on how “Israel, Israel God is Calling.” Click in to watch.
Relief Society: Did you catch the General Relief Society Meeting? If so, what did you think? This blogger sets out what she thought were “Highlights (of the) 2012 General Relief Society Broadcast: Challenges of Mortality” and kindly summarizes much of the meeting of the women of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. And if you didn’t see the meeting, she also includes a link to the recorded session. Check it out!
Wheelchair project: “We spent some time, at the invitation of our humanitarian couple, at the church's wheelchair project. It both touched and broke our hearts as we saw the many disabled who came with the hope of a better life that would come by having a wheelchair. Life in the Congo is difficult for everybody, but for those who have a physical limitation it is brutal. Through this project we received 350 chairs made and delivered by the church.” Oh my. Click in for more beautiful descriptions about how “The Wheelchair Project” lifts everybody involved, plus to see some inspiring photos of the process and the people. Wonderful!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides...
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her...
- Tornado relief spurs LDS Church, Layton's...
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- Public invited to funeral services for Sister...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Woman told she would never walk, talk defies...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 32
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 22
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 22
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17
- Hundreds of teens in Southern... 12
- Public invited to funeral services for... 9