• Gordon Hayward* (6-8, 210, 3rd season): Small forward/shooting guard will keep making strides toward his dreams of becoming an All-Star and an Olympian if he asserts himself like he did while surging in the regular season last year.
• Darnell Jackson (6-9, 253, 4th season): Forward with 138 NBA games of experience is looking to get back into the league after playing overseas during the lockout-shortened season.
• Paul Millsap# (6-8, 253, 7th season): Having shown he can fill Carlos Boozer's starter role, the perpetual underdog will be counted on to provide a low-post presence, be a leader and play occasional small forward while engaged in a battle for minutes with an up-and-comer.
• Marvin Williams* (6-9, 245, 8th season): Though he never quite fulfilled his potential in Atlanta, a fresh start in Utah might be just what the No. 2 pick of the 2005 draft needs to reignite his career.
• Brian Butch (6-11, 240, rookie): Former D-League All-Star has ability to hit outside shots, which gives him an outside shot at landing a roster spot.
• Al Jefferson* (6-10, 289, 9th season): The most consistent player last season for the Jazz, Big Al needs to keep scoring, passing and improving on defense to help Utah get past the first round.
• Enes Kanter# (6-11, 267, 2nd season): Rusty at times last season following a hoops hiatus, the Turkish big worked hard in the offseason to become a more powerful and capable presence in the paint.
* Projected starters
# Projected second unit
- Ranking the best running backs in BYU history
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team landed...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule...
- Gallery of champions: All 94 state...
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's volleyball...
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Former Ute center Dallin Bachynski impresses...
- Former Ute player among those invited to work...
- Morning links: BYU's football schedule... 55
- Report: Former Jordan High quarterback... 48
- Dick Harmon: NCAA's move to speed up... 47
- Rock On: BYU finds another recruiting... 44
- BYU football signs New Zealand rugby... 24
- Chris McGown resigns as BYU men's... 13
- Dick Harmon: How BYU football team... 12
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner... 8