• Gordon Hayward* (6-8, 210, 3rd season): Small forward/shooting guard will keep making strides toward his dreams of becoming an All-Star and an Olympian if he asserts himself like he did while surging in the regular season last year.
• Darnell Jackson (6-9, 253, 4th season): Forward with 138 NBA games of experience is looking to get back into the league after playing overseas during the lockout-shortened season.
• Paul Millsap# (6-8, 253, 7th season): Having shown he can fill Carlos Boozer's starter role, the perpetual underdog will be counted on to provide a low-post presence, be a leader and play occasional small forward while engaged in a battle for minutes with an up-and-comer.
• Marvin Williams* (6-9, 245, 8th season): Though he never quite fulfilled his potential in Atlanta, a fresh start in Utah might be just what the No. 2 pick of the 2005 draft needs to reignite his career.
• Brian Butch (6-11, 240, rookie): Former D-League All-Star has ability to hit outside shots, which gives him an outside shot at landing a roster spot.
• Al Jefferson* (6-10, 289, 9th season): The most consistent player last season for the Jazz, Big Al needs to keep scoring, passing and improving on defense to help Utah get past the first round.
• Enes Kanter# (6-11, 267, 2nd season): Rusty at times last season following a hoops hiatus, the Turkish big worked hard in the offseason to become a more powerful and capable presence in the paint.
* Projected starters
# Projected second unit
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30