McPHERSON, Kan. — The Westminster College men’s soccer team picked up a 2-0 win over McPherson College (Kan.) on Sunday afternoon to complete its grueling road trip with a 2-2 record.
Westminster is now 7-4-1 overall this season after playing four games in the last five days. The loss drops McPherson to 5-2-1 on the year.
The Griffins would take the lead in the 43rd minute on the first goal of the season by Jace Schaecher. Manuel Duenas was an assist on the play. Westminster would add the insurance goal in the 82nd minute as Alex Roegiers scored from a pass by Marcus Brown.
Both teams managed 13 shots in the game with the Griffins putting five on goal. Damir Sabanovic earned the shutout in goal with four saves.
Westminster will return to action on Saturday when it hosts Trinity Lutheran at Dumke Field. The action will begin at 3:30 p.m.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34