McPHERSON, Kan. — The Westminster College men’s soccer team picked up a 2-0 win over McPherson College (Kan.) on Sunday afternoon to complete its grueling road trip with a 2-2 record.
Westminster is now 7-4-1 overall this season after playing four games in the last five days. The loss drops McPherson to 5-2-1 on the year.
The Griffins would take the lead in the 43rd minute on the first goal of the season by Jace Schaecher. Manuel Duenas was an assist on the play. Westminster would add the insurance goal in the 82nd minute as Alex Roegiers scored from a pass by Marcus Brown.
Both teams managed 13 shots in the game with the Griffins putting five on goal. Damir Sabanovic earned the shutout in goal with four saves.
Westminster will return to action on Saturday when it hosts Trinity Lutheran at Dumke Field. The action will begin at 3:30 p.m.
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- Jazz snubbed: Agents block players from...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 131
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 52
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 29
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 25
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 16
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 15
- Dick Harmon: While away from BYU, Tejan... 15