McPHERSON, Kan. — The Westminster College men’s soccer team picked up a 2-0 win over McPherson College (Kan.) on Sunday afternoon to complete its grueling road trip with a 2-2 record.
Westminster is now 7-4-1 overall this season after playing four games in the last five days. The loss drops McPherson to 5-2-1 on the year.
The Griffins would take the lead in the 43rd minute on the first goal of the season by Jace Schaecher. Manuel Duenas was an assist on the play. Westminster would add the insurance goal in the 82nd minute as Alex Roegiers scored from a pass by Marcus Brown.
Both teams managed 13 shots in the game with the Griffins putting five on goal. Damir Sabanovic earned the shutout in goal with four saves.
Westminster will return to action on Saturday when it hosts Trinity Lutheran at Dumke Field. The action will begin at 3:30 p.m.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 31
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 24
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22