OGDEN — Charges have been filed in connection with a 29-year-old unsolved murder.
On Friday, an arrest warrant with charges of murder and rape, both first degree felonies, was filed in 2nd District Court in Ogden against Gregory Seamons, who is currently incarcerated in Idaho on unrelated charges.
Ogden police Lt. Will Cragun said county prosecutors would release more extensive information on Monday, but confirmed that Seamons had been linked by a DNA sample to the 1983 murder of 11-year-old Rebecca Lemberger.
He said investigators were alerted to a match made by the National DNA Index System between Seamons and DNA evidence taken from the scene of the murder. Officials then obtained a sample of Seamons DNA last year to test against the original crime scene evidence.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Summer downpour causes flooding, slides...
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court...
- Utah leads the nation in deadly melanoma cases
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- Long road to trial begins Wednesday for...
- Settlement in dog shooting case reached, then...
- Republican, Democratic political... 30
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 25
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 21
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 19
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 18
- Critics decry solar fee as 'sun' tax 17
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12