OGDEN — Charges have been filed in connection with a 29-year-old unsolved murder.
On Friday, an arrest warrant with charges of murder and rape, both first degree felonies, was filed in 2nd District Court in Ogden against Gregory Seamons, who is currently incarcerated in Idaho on unrelated charges.
Ogden police Lt. Will Cragun said county prosecutors would release more extensive information on Monday, but confirmed that Seamons had been linked by a DNA sample to the 1983 murder of 11-year-old Rebecca Lemberger.
He said investigators were alerted to a match made by the National DNA Index System between Seamons and DNA evidence taken from the scene of the murder. Officials then obtained a sample of Seamons DNA last year to test against the original crime scene evidence.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- Charges: Orem mom left 2 small kids alone...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 54
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 33
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15