OGDEN — Charges have been filed in connection with a 29-year-old unsolved murder.
On Friday, an arrest warrant with charges of murder and rape, both first degree felonies, was filed in 2nd District Court in Ogden against Gregory Seamons, who is currently incarcerated in Idaho on unrelated charges.
Ogden police Lt. Will Cragun said county prosecutors would release more extensive information on Monday, but confirmed that Seamons had been linked by a DNA sample to the 1983 murder of 11-year-old Rebecca Lemberger.
He said investigators were alerted to a match made by the National DNA Index System between Seamons and DNA evidence taken from the scene of the murder. Officials then obtained a sample of Seamons DNA last year to test against the original crime scene evidence.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while lunging...
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving door...
- Deputies fish out 4 cars from Pineview Reservoir
- Chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia sufferers...
- 'They killed my son because he's black,'...
- 2 girls abducted in Bountiful escape in...
- Utah State Prison inmate dies following fight
- Friends, family, strangers gather at vigil...
- 'They killed my son because he's... 76
- Jason Chaffetz: Mitt Romney is leaving... 57
- Utah makes final plea for Supreme Court... 53
- Taylorsville teacher injured after her... 47
- Was Saratoga Springs man killed while... 42
- Do guns belong in the hands of... 39
- Grand America to pay $2M fine for... 24
- Vail Resorts buys Park City Mountain... 16