USU athletics: Utah State honors two former football players for Homecoming
“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about my experiences here and how those experiences have helped me through life. I always thought that when I left here I could do almost anything. Coming from south-central Los Angeles to a place like Logan, Utah and being able to navigate both places, I figured everything else was in between,” Jones said. “I was never afraid of what might be on the other side. I was always excited because I knew that from the preparation I had, that somehow I’d make it through. Even if I didn’t understand, I knew how to try.”
As Aggies of all ages come back to Logan this weekend, there is a general feeling of pride and love for their alma mater. For these former players, they are especially excited to return to a thriving football program that continues to grow.
“I really enjoyed my years up here,” Curtis said. “I’m excited to be back there, especially at a time when football is good.”
Jones, speaking for his wife, Sylvia, agreed.
“We’re excited to be back," he said. "It’s exciting to see the Aggies playing at the level that they are.”
Saturday’s game against UNLV will kick off at 6 p.m. at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium. Per head coach Gary Andersen’s request, all in attendance are invited to participate in the first-ever "White Out".
For USU football ticket information, contact the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or call 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Tickets can also be purchased 24 hours a day on the USU website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Mangum 'humbled' to be BYU's quarterback,...
- Utah State denies David Collette's release,...
- BYU's Rose adjusts lineup — freshman...
- How did they fare? Locals in the NFL roundup...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Rock On: A bad day gets worse for Whittingham
- Dick Harmon: Aggies will give BYU best shot...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 128
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 55
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- Utes fall to No. 23 in playoff... 49
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 45
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 41
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35