USU athletics: Utah State honors two former football players for Homecoming
“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about my experiences here and how those experiences have helped me through life. I always thought that when I left here I could do almost anything. Coming from south-central Los Angeles to a place like Logan, Utah and being able to navigate both places, I figured everything else was in between,” Jones said. “I was never afraid of what might be on the other side. I was always excited because I knew that from the preparation I had, that somehow I’d make it through. Even if I didn’t understand, I knew how to try.”
As Aggies of all ages come back to Logan this weekend, there is a general feeling of pride and love for their alma mater. For these former players, they are especially excited to return to a thriving football program that continues to grow.
“I really enjoyed my years up here,” Curtis said. “I’m excited to be back there, especially at a time when football is good.”
Jones, speaking for his wife, Sylvia, agreed.
“We’re excited to be back," he said. "It’s exciting to see the Aggies playing at the level that they are.”
Saturday’s game against UNLV will kick off at 6 p.m. at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium. Per head coach Gary Andersen’s request, all in attendance are invited to participate in the first-ever "White Out".
For USU football ticket information, contact the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or call 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Tickets can also be purchased 24 hours a day on the USU website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah Jazz: Jazz send 3 players to Cleveland...
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by media...
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not on...
- The original BCS busters: Looking back at...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Utah's Fiesta Bowl championship team: Where...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Rock On: Utah has LeBron Syndrome
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 224
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is... 75
- Kyle Whittingham, players unfazed by... 72
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 53
- ACC media days has some interesting... 43
- BYU football: Cougars and expansion not... 35
- The original BCS busters: Looking back... 33
- Utah's better BCS buster, 2004 or 2008? 26