USU athletics: Utah State honors two former football players for Homecoming
“There’s not a day that goes by that I don’t think about my experiences here and how those experiences have helped me through life. I always thought that when I left here I could do almost anything. Coming from south-central Los Angeles to a place like Logan, Utah and being able to navigate both places, I figured everything else was in between,” Jones said. “I was never afraid of what might be on the other side. I was always excited because I knew that from the preparation I had, that somehow I’d make it through. Even if I didn’t understand, I knew how to try.”
As Aggies of all ages come back to Logan this weekend, there is a general feeling of pride and love for their alma mater. For these former players, they are especially excited to return to a thriving football program that continues to grow.
“I really enjoyed my years up here,” Curtis said. “I’m excited to be back there, especially at a time when football is good.”
Jones, speaking for his wife, Sylvia, agreed.
“We’re excited to be back," he said. "It’s exciting to see the Aggies playing at the level that they are.”
Saturday’s game against UNLV will kick off at 6 p.m. at Merlin Olsen Field at Romney Stadium. Per head coach Gary Andersen’s request, all in attendance are invited to participate in the first-ever "White Out".
For USU football ticket information, contact the USU Ticket Office at the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum or call 1-888-USTATE-1 or (435) 797-0305. Tickets can also be purchased 24 hours a day on the USU website.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford to...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Kyle Van Noy and...
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're proud...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- A good life: Former Weber State, NFL...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- BYU football: Cougars announce future games...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 123
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 106
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 99
- AAC Commissioner Mike Aresco: 'We're... 68
- Teeples: The Big 12 simply can't afford... 62
- BYU football: Cougars announce future... 53
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 51
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 29